Capítulo Cincuenta y Tres

Chapter 53

"Jax?"

I walk into his room.

He's laying upside down half off his bed and a half on it, with his phone in his hands and hair flopping out of place.

He gives me a weird smile and I snort.

"Can I ask what you're doing?"

"Making a cruise ship," He answers, groaning as he heaves himself up.

I take a deep breath.

"I wanted to ask you about...that thing," I whisper. He raises a perfect eyebrow.

"What...thing?" He whispers back cautiously, eyeing the closed door behind me.

"That thing that happened."

Jax narrows his eyes at me. "I know I'm a bit too smart for you, Xanny, but even you should know the conversation is going nowhere."

I roll my eyes and sigh, plopping down onto his bed. He throws his phone over his shoulder and gets comfortable.

"Are you going to tell me a story?"

His dimple shows, and I laugh at his eagerness. "Jax, you were going to kiss me in the hospital, weren't you?" I swallow.

A look passes his eyes, a cross between anger and sadness, but it's gone quickly and his quirky gaze is back.

"Yup." He replies nonchalantly with an easy shrug. I hesitate.

"Uh...why?"

He smiles at me. "You were wearing Ameena's perfume. For a second I forgot...that you weren't her."

My heart breaks for him, and I tilt my head to the side, averting my gaze to observe his adorable room.

It's exactly the kind of room you'd expect Jax to have. It's messy, boyish and believe it or not, he has Power Ranger action figures.

He's a whole different mess.

What really confuses me is the one half of his room with knives and guns hung against the wall, all types. Machetes, daggers with spikes, spiky metal balls, and...wow, what the hell.

"Jax, what's that?" I ask, nodding to the disturbing collection on his odd wall. He shrugs with a dimply smile.

"My weapons."

I narrow my eyes at him. "You carry some weird weapons, Jaxon," I laugh, and he chuckles too.

"I'm sorry, Xanny, but they're not the weird ones," He eyes me playfully and my mouth drops open.

"Excuse me, human person, but I am not weird if that's what you're implying," I gasp, shoving him.

He just rolls his eyes with a scoff. "You're perfectly weird, noodles, and if you don't believe me, then...well, that makes you weirder."

I ignore his statement, getting up and walking towards his "weapons", wondering what he would even need it for.

My eyes widen as I see a red bowl on a nightstand, filled with liquid. The problem is because it's dark red, I can't tell what liquid it is.

"What's this?" I ask, pointing to the bowl and turning to Jax, whose watching me with a bored look.

"I think it's a bowl, but I could be wrong," He replies, with a shrug. I tch at him and turn back to it, bending down and smelling.

Foul. The smell is disgusting. Definitely not water.

"Um...spoiled milk?" I ask him, desperately hoping he'll say yes. He, again, gives me a bored shrug.