Capítulo Sesenta y Tres

Previously on MPC

'Xanthe's mom confesses that she's dying, and has been for a few weeks, and decides to give Xanthe redemption.

Xanthe doesn't change her opinion about anything, but after her mom commits suicide in front of her, something kind of changes.

She somehow confesses her love for Arsen to herself, and whilst in her own thoughts, gets into a car crash.

Enjoy the chapter, everyone.'

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 63

The constant beeping of a machine wakes me up.

Everything's white and blurred.

Oh my god.

Am I dead?

Did God forgive me and decide to send me to-- actually, no. That's stupid.

"I think she's waking up, doc," I hear something say.

"Give her time. She could be a little traumatized but nothing big. If a problem occurs, press the red button on top of her bed."

Then there's silence. Except for that annoying machine, of course.

I open my eyes, which was surprisingly easy.

"Oh, hey! You're awake!" Ameena exclaims quietly, coming up to me and giving me a tight hug. I smile.

Huh, she's the only one here. I wonder if everyone's forgotten about me already.

"How long have I been...unconscious?" I ask, trailing off when I see a whole plate of chocolate cake on the little table attached to my bed.

Oh, my. That looks delicious.

"For about a day and a half. The guys wanted to use that time to go beat up the man who hit you. I don't think he's breathing anymore, but we don't need to tell anyone that," Ameena laughs.

I laugh as well, shaking my head as I heave myself up and grab the chocolate cake, wondering why I didn't feel any pain. Which was a good thing, even if confusing.

"I'm actually getting tired of waking up in hospitals," I snort. Ameena furrows her eyebrows.

"It's only happened, like, twice, Xanthe. This being the second time."

I shake my head. "No. There was the other time, ages ago. Back in Canada. But of course, I had my sister with me."

Then I freeze.

"Shit."

"What? What is it?" Ameena rushes over and puts a hand on my arm, inspecting me. "Did you pull something? Or-or is it your breathing?"

I give her a weird look. "No, today was the day Xena was going to leave for Madrid. I was meant to go see her off and make sure it actually happens."

I groan. Ameena raises an eyebrow.

"But your mom only killed herself two days ago-- oh."

I roll my eyes, putting down the plate of chocolatey goodness and promising to marry it when I get back. If I get back.

"Wow, I feel incredibly flexible for someone who's just been in an accident," I say, stretching out both my legs and only feeling slight pain on my left one.

Ameena nods. "Yeah, apparently you just sprained an ankle. Talk about luck. More of the damage happened to your brain, which doesn't really make any difference than before," She snorts at that and I playfully punch her arm, rolling my eyes.