Capítulo Veintiuno

Chapter 21

Four hours. Four fricking hours had we been sat here in this wretched car! Even Arsen was getting fed up.

"Where are we supposed to be going, Arsen? For the millionth time!" I cry out, getting a small grunt of agreement from Sarge in the back.

"A petrol station," Arsen answers. I turn my head to him and glare.

"We've passed at least one thousand of them, Arsen," I answer back sarcastically. He keeps his gaze ahead.

"We weren't low on petrol then, Xanthe," He says, almost mimicking me. I scoff.

This was obvious proof that Arsen was just as cranky as both me and Sarge. He never answered back, because he always won the conversation!

"Then when's the next petrol station going to show up?" I ask, distracting myself from the very eery and quiet road we were going through. Arsen sighs.

He actually sighs!

God, the world must be coming to an end! He feels. Oh, my Lord, the man can feel emotions!

Stop being dramatic.

Whatever.

"At this speed, the next petrol station will take us eight miles to get," Arsen says. I groan and smack my head back against the headrest.

"It's not fair!" I cry.  

"Shut up, unless you want to walk there," Arsen says, glaring at me.

I immediately shut up.

After a while, though; "Can I drive?"

"I thought I told you not to talk," Arsen mutters. I smirk.

"I don't remember."

"You don't remember what?"

"You telling me not to talk."

"There, you just remembered. And no, you can't drive."

I moan even louder.

After a few minutes or so, my phone starts to buzz, and both Arsen and my head turn simultaneously to the mini compartment in between us to see whose name lit up my phone screen.

Donard D.

Uh oh.

I'm about to reach out and take it when Arsen stops me with a glare.

"You're not picking that up," He says, holding me in place with his fiery eyes. I narrow my own.

"Why?" I question him.

"Because I said so." He answers. I snort.

"That's not an excuse, Arsen," I say, and he glares at me.

Unfortunately for him, our adorable little conversation was a perfect diversion for me to swoop in and grab my phone.

I swipe to answer as soon as Arsen notices. "Hey," I say.

He glares at me so hard I'm afraid my head will explode.

Don't worry though, it doesn't.

"Hey," I hear Don say, clearing his throat. I smile at his obvious nervousness.

"So, how's it going?" I ask, feeling a little shy for some reason. 

I look at Arsen and see him clenching onto the steering wheel tightly. A bit tighter than usual, actually.

For once, I'm concerned for his hands and not the wheel.

"How's it going for us? Great. For you? Uh, you did just get kidnapped, Xanthe. Why else do you think I called?" Don says, laughing a little. I laugh too.