Capítulo Cuarenta y Dos

Chapter 42

"I'm taking the left."

"No, asshole, you always take the left."

"When have we ever gotten anywhere when we listen to you?!"

"To Colorado, actually. Take the fucking right."

"Like hell I'm taking the fucking right. It's left and you can go die in a damn ditch if you think otherwise."

I sigh and lean back in my seat, sharing a look with Ameena.

"Alright, boys, cut it out!" She calls, slamming the back of Xander's headrest. Good thing Noah's driving.

Those two have a serious problem.

"I think we should go straight," I suggest, nervous that they might start screaming at me.

Everyone's quiet for a while until Xander clears his throat.

"Yeah, we should probably just go straight," He mumbles. Noah nods in agreement, and I narrow my eyes.

Idiots.

"Am I the only one dying of starvation?" Jax calls from behind me. Kade snorts.

"How do you even know that word, little buddy?" He laughs.

Ameena giggles and Jax mimics her.

"I passed away from starvation ages ago," I point out.

We've been on the highway for at least three hours. Arsen told us to get in the car and drive through to the next town over, and he'd meet us there.

Apparently, it's important. Like, extremely important.

Ace is back home, monitoring everything going on. Don and his gang went to a mission given of their own, and we're not even halfway yet.

Thanks to the hour argument Xander and Noah had on who's driving.

In the end, we all agreed Noah should since it's his car.

"We'll stop at Alby's," Noah says, smiling at me through the mirror. I smile back.

"Cool, but I see a 7 Eleven right up there," I tell him, pointing towards the bright green, orange and red sign glowing in the dark night sky.

"Great! We'll stop there and switch seats. Kade drives and rock-paper-scissors over who takes shotgun," Ameena orders. I laugh.

"Yes, sir! Except, I'm obviously going to win," I roll my eyes playfully and everyone immediately starts yelling over who'll win and who the loser will be.

Noah silently parks.

"Alright, I'll stock up on gas, you guys go get what you need," He says before slipping out.

"Anyone coming with me to watch me piss?" Jax calls from behind.

"Oh my--"

"Ew!"

"Seriously, man."

I giggled quietly, realizing how much I loved times like these.

Everything felt normal. As if we were just a group of friends on a road trip to some fun.

It made me forget - of everything that I'd done, of everything that I'd seen and heard.

Of Jerome.

*~*~*~*

As we pulled up into the driveway of a huge mansion, I looked down at the time.

"It's 2:34 AM, guys," I mumble. Kade nods from next to me, turning off the ignition.