Capítulo Cuarenta y Siete

Chapter 47

I cough violently, the screaming from before effecting my voice now instead of when I was doing the screaming.

"Aw, does wittle pwincess want some water?" Alec taunts, putting a delicious-looking, pure glass of water just an inch away from where I can reach.

I ignore him, knowing that if I struggle to get the glass not only will I end up tipping it over, but I'll also bring great pleasure to Alec.

That's something I'm not going to let happen. I've already planned his death.

"Does wittle pwincess think she's all bwave and couwageous?" Alec laughs, and I squeeze my eyes shut.

"I didn't think you'd know a word like that," I croak out, my voice raspy.

His insolent blue eyes turn dark as he glares at me, and the crazed look from before comes back.

"Listen, bitch, now that you've seen what your father can do, he won't hesitate to do it all over again," He growls.

I lean my head back, once again, closing my eyes. I block him out and imagine he isn't there.

Then I imagine burning him alive, watching him scream as the fire catches on and eats him up.

I imagine tying him up with chains dipped in lava and throwing him into a huge oven, turned up to the warmest point.

Then I imagine bringing him out, well-cooked, and peeling off his skin so that he can feel what it's like to be stripped off your dignity.

A small smile etches onto my face, and I feel something kick my foot.

"Stop smiling like a psychopath, bitch."

I open my eyes and look at him, trying to muster my best 'cold Arsen' look.

"You should never call a psychopath, a psychopath," I tell him, raising an eyebrow. He snorts.

"Where'd you hear that from, Killing Eve?" And I burst out laughing.

But the tears of pain don't stop they burst out just as my laugh does, and I shake my head.

"That's exactly where I got it from, but you know what's funny?" I ask, smiling at him. He gives me an apprehensive look.

"I don't care what's funny," He growls. I scoff.

"What's funny is that someone like you - a literal, sadistic psychopath - watches something like Killing Eve," I laugh again, and he rolls his eyes.

"And what the fuck is wrong with that?" He snarls. I shrug.

"Nothing. Just that...it's like, psychopath porn, you know?" And this time, he gets up and grabs my tortured arm.

I bite my tongue so hard to stop from screaming that I taste metallic blood instead of pain.

"Bitch, I'll kill you," He growls.

I swallow, wait--I don't swallow, I spit in his face.

He slaps me, on the exact spot Shanaya did, and I feel my pain double, but I still stop the scream, because he doesn't deserve to hear it.

If anything, I deserve to hear his screams.

"Spit in my face one more time, cunt, and I'll really cut out your dirty tongue," He snarls, jerking my face to the side.

I grit my teeth and glare at him because the last thing I'm going to do is make noise.

Eventually, he scoffs and gets up, slamming the door as he walks out. I wince a little but smile nevertheless.