Capítulo Cincuenta y Nueve

Previously on MPC

'Noah opens up a bit about how Xanthe got involved in this and a few other things she'd been wanting to know. 

Xanthe went to visit a cult, which her father was apparently in along with Shanaya and told them if they didn't shut down the buildings she'd inherited after her father's death, then there would be a massacre.

Enjoy this chapter, guys. (I was literally struggling to think of what I should write)'

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 59

I smile at the man walking past me, hoping he doesn't catch on that I'm not a worker at the asylum.

Riding a food cart to a patient's room in a work uniform? Perfect.

I swipe the card across the lock pad, and the disgusting loud buzz unlocks the door for me. I walk inside with the cart.

"You ready?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at Xena, who's already stood there, waiting with her arms folded. She gives me a smirk.

"I've been ready for a long time, little sis," She laughs, ruffling up my hair and then crawling into the cart.

It took me thirty-minutes to brush out those tangles, darn it.

"Let's go, then," I sigh, turning the cart around and letting the door automatically lock behind me.

My heartbeat speeds up when the real maid appears at the end of the hallway, wearing an identical uniform to mine with an identical food cart.

Damnit, I thought her shift wasn't till five.

Her eyes widen when she approaches me. "Um, sorry, but who are you?" She questions, looking pretty panicked.

I smile at her. "I'm a new worker. I had to deliver special food to room 123, because...well, you know," I make a face and she laughs, her shoulders relaxing.

"Of course, of course! Be on your way, then." And she rides off, thankfully missing Xena's room.

That was close.

"Can you hurry up before you end up running into the manager?" Xena hisses from inside, and I quickly start up the cart, rushing off through the automatically locked doors.

Good thing they're not locked at four in the morning.

*~*~*~*~*

"So where are we going?" Xena asks, turning to me with a raised eyebrow. My shaking hands curl tightly around the steering wheel.

How is she always so calm?

"Why? You just wanted to escape, didn't you?" I reply sarcastically, turning a sharp left. Xena grabs onto the door handle.

"Sorry, is that not what you wanted? Maybe once I actually die you'll be satisfied," She answers back, her voice as blank as ever.

I narrow my eyes. "Maybe I will be."

We both go into silence, then she speaks up. "You don't mean that, Xanthe."

"You say that as if you care," I snarl, stopping at a red light. She smiles at me when I turn to look at her.

"I do. Xanthe, I haven't done anything wrong, and I don't intend to. You're my sister, aren't you?" She asks softly.

The warmth in her eyes makes me believe her. Because maybe she's telling the truth. And in all honesty, she hasn't done anything wrong. Not to me, anyway.