Capítulo Sesenta y Dos

Previously on MPC

'The gang stumble upon a website and Xanthe decides to track down the girl responsible - with the help of Jax, only to discover it's a trap to lure her in by her mother.

Who kidnaps Xanthe - which is now like her fourth kidnapping, smh.

Enjoy, everybody.'

(Sorry for updating so late...I don't have a good excuse lmao)

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 62

I wake up to the smell of dank cloth and the dripping of water. My back is against a brick wall covered in graffiti, and there's a single light bulb hung from the ceiling, swinging gently to the wind.

"Good, you're awake," A voice says, and I look to my right, seeing Samantha, the blue-haired girl, stood beside the exit door, with a bat in her hand.

"Do you guys not have guns?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. She smiles fakely.

"Sorry if we don't all belong to rich gangs like you," Her falsetto tone snaps at me. I smirk.

"What am I doing here? Where's my mom?" I question as I get up, walking up to her and looking her down.

Pretty tough for someone so short.

"None of your business. She said she'll come to you."

I walk closer, practically nose to nose as I glare at her freckled face, almost forcing her to move out the way. I see her swallow as she clenches her jaw but ends up moving to the side anyway.

"That's what I thought," I mutter, grabbing the door handle and pulling it open.

Too bad I don't have my gun, could've just killed her.

And then I remember Arsen's words.

I'm his assassin now. I can't kill unless I have his permission. 

Damnit.

"She'll find you, you know," Samantha says from behind me. I turn to her and smile sweetly.

"Suck your dad," I flip her off and turn, walking away quickly since I haven't mastered the art of defending myself from a baseball bat...yet.

I quickly hurry up the steps, but a throat being cleared stops me.

"Where are you going, Xanthe?" Mom's voice calls out. I turn to look at her.

There she stands, tall and arrogant. A woman without an impulse.

I'm so not proud to call her my mother.

"I'm going home. A place you never gave to me."

She rolls her eyes. "Here we go again."

"I'm sorry if you were given love and a proper home growing up, mother. I'm sorry if I was just some experiment to you and dad, and I'm sorry if you all ended up turning me and my sister against each other. I could go on."

"Xanthe, what I'm about to say right now will not matter to you in any days to come. I'm dying. And you probably don't care."

"What are you asking for? Reclamation?" I scoff. She raises an eyebrow.

"I'm asking for redemption."

I pause, not expecting that.

"How?" I question, confused.

"Let me take Xena away from you. I'll let you sit back and relax knowing you haven't done anything to your sister." 

Mom walks closer to me, her heels clicking to the drip of water coming from somewhere behind me.