Capítulo Sesenta

Previously on MPC

'Xanthe helped Xena escape, and she's currently hiding at the motel Vicky and Emma are staying at.

*Arsen came back*, literally out of nowhere, and Xanthe has her suspicious questions, as always.

Enjoy the chapter, beautiful people.'

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 60

"Is it close?" Jax whispers, and I hold up a hand, making sure he doesn't move from his position.

I steady my gun. "It's extremely close," I whisper to him, watching the flamingo dive its head into the water.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but; "Shoot, Jaxon, and don't you dare miss," I hiss.

His gun goes off and the man next to the pink animal drops to the ground with a startled yell. The flamingo lifts its head curiously and leaps away.

Jax snorts. "I'm surprised I didn't hit the ostrich," He laughs, and I give him a weird look.

"It's not an ostrich, Jax," I point out. He looks back at the animal with a thoughtful expression on his adorable features.

"Oh, yeah, a seagull--"

"No, shut up, it's a flamingo," Kade calls out as he runs past, throwing a balaclava at each of us on his way.

Jax and I share a look as the sirens go off, and I forget for a second time that we're at a zoo.

"Gotta go," I mutter, yanking on the mask as Jax grabs my wrist and pulls me after him.

We run out of the sliding glass doors, the few families visiting screaming and shielding their children from us as the two security guards start running.

"We'll totally outrun them, right?" I breathe, and Jax laughs from in front of me.

"Totally," He squeals like a panicked girl.

A security guard comes running at us from the front and out of alarm I shoot him too, letting him fall to the ground as we jump over him, and just my luck, I slip over the red pool of blood leaking out of his head.

Jax pulls back to help me up, and I remind myself not to wash these white clothes but to trash them.

"Quick, in the car," Kade yells through the window, and Jax dives in the back as I get in the front.

Arsen scans my clothes but only raises an eyebrow, stepping on the pedal and zooming us out of there faster than any cop car could ever go.

Or airplane, for that matter.

"Please tell me that's not your blood," Ameena asks, scrunching her nose at me. I flash her a smile as I try to catch my breath.

"I don't have red blood, I have black blood. Like my soul." I tell her spookily, and Kade laughs at her horrified expression.

"Shut up," Arsen growls from next to me, tugging on the gear shift and turning an extremely sharp left.

I silent myself, but another question comes into my mind, and I can't help but want to ask it.

"Where are we going now?"

Arsen glares at me. "Somewhere."

Well then. I guess it's my business.

*~*~*~*~*

We walk into a small tattoo studio that's located at the corner of a deep alleyway.