Capítulo Cuarenta y Cuatro

Chapter 44

I barge into his room and grab him by his collar, smashing his back against the wall.

"Why did you do it, you son of a bitch, WHY?!" I yell, anger clouding my judgment and pulsing through my veins.

His widened eyes stare down at me as he claws at his throat.

"W-what are you...talking ab--Xanthe, get off me!" His cries are useless. I just press harder.

At that moment, I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know where what I was doing was going. I didn't know how I was going to manage.

But it was exhilarating. Impulsive. Reckless. Exciting. And that, right there, was the scariest feeling.

I wanted to kill him.

"Xanthe--stop--just--WAIT!" Don pushes me back suddenly, and I crash into the dark, mahogany desk, everything tumbling off.

I stumble before I stand back straight, glaring at him with full fury and repulse.

"You disgust me," I hiss, wiping my mouth.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Arsen make his way inside and lean against the wall, watching as if with entertainment.

Oh, I'd make this as entertaining as I could.

"Xanthe, what--why are you doing this? I don't understand!" He yells, running a hand through his hair as the other hand rests on his hip. I scoff.

When I pull out my gun and point it at him, he immediately stiffens.

"Xanthe...what's wrong with you?"

To be completely honest, I didn't even know anymore.

"She was innocent, pure, she was pure, you dick, but then you happened. If you just hadn't HAPPENED!" I scream, purposefully shooting and missing my shoot as the bang rings out in my ears.

"WHOA!" Don yells, ducking as he changes his place rapidly. "Calm the FUCK down, Xanthe, and let's talk about this."

I shoot again. "What is there to talk about?" I ask as calm as I can make it.

Breathing hard, I close my eyes and count to five.

She'd told me many times that she wasn't ready to give it away, yet. That was the only thing we both seemed to agree on.

Don ruined the one thing I thought I still shared with her. Xena was horrified by the idea of sex, and she'd cry if anyone brought it up. It made her crazy.

He ruined her.

I lower my gun slowly, tears streaming down my face, and Don hesitantly makes his way towards me, his hands out.

Once he's close enough, he takes the gun from my hand and pulls me close. Arsen shifts in the corner.

"Tell me what's wrong," He whispers in my ear.

I look up at him, seeing my reflection in those icy blue eyes.

He wasn't the nicer one. None of them were.

There was no bad guys or good guys to choose from. I knew deep down, the whole time.

They were all bad. And now...I was, too.

I thought of Don's happy, comforting smile, the one he always gave me when I was scared, or upset, or lonely.

I thought of his endless jokes, the ones that cracked me up in the darkest of times.