Capítulo Cuarenta y Cinco

A/n: The song above has nothing to do with this chapter but just Arsen and Xanthe's relationship in general. Don't take it seriously.

It's all in Xanthe's head...

Kidding, you figure it out.

Chapter 45

I wake up as if it were any normal day.

My eyes were groggy and my head was aching - double since she hit me right where I'd been hit before.

The only thing different was that I was tied to a chair. I mean, I don't blame her for being scared of me. It's best if she thinks I can hurt her.

Because I can. And I will.

Don't be so full of yourself.

You shut up.

"HEY!" I scream since the brick room I'm in has a wide-opened door.

Pretty ironic. As if it's mocking me.

I'll show that door.

Sure you will.

Heels click on the floor and Shanaya walks in, her smug, icy eyes narrowing down at me. Her jeans are a little too stingy and her shirt is a little too revolting.

A lot revolting.

"Ew, where'd you get your clothes, the dump store?" I snort, and she immediately slaps me.

I clench my jaws to bear the pain.

She was wearing a ring. So, that's going to leave a mark.

More reason to kill her.

"Listen, Xanthe fucking Jacox. You're under my watch, so you say one wrong thing, and you're not getting food for a week," She snarls. I raise an eyebrow.

"You think I'm staying here for that long?" I hiss. Shanaya copies my expression.

"I'm not scared of you. I don't care if you find a way out of that chair and kill me," She growls. I roll my eyes.

"What do you want, Shanaya?" I ask her, annoyed and tired.

I know I should stay as still as possible, otherwise, the rope will get tighter, but all I wanted to do at that moment was squeeze her neck to death.

"I only kidnapped you for one reason, Jacox, and it's Arsen. He knows where I live, and it's only a matter of time before he realizes who's got you, then, you'll be set free and I'll have him, instead." She cackles.

"And what do you want with Arsen?" My anger asks her. Her smug smile frustrates me.

"I love him, Xanthe. We've known each other a long time, and he's someone I haven't been able to let go of yet. I thought I could when I met you, I actually liked you for a second, and then you killed my brother. Who knows what you'll do to him..." She trails off.

Shanaya's sad look almost makes me believe for a second.

I would do anything just to rip her to shreds right now, and at the moment, I felt glad her phone started ringing in her pocket.

Until she picked it up.

"What?" She bores into the phone.

Someone on the other end talks for a while, and almost as if they've said something to make even skeletons shiver with fear, Shanaya's face drops like rain.

She brings the phone away from her ear and stares at it, her ears going red, then her icy eyes flash to me and she stomps over.

I brace for impact but am quite surprised when she starts taking off my restraints.