Capítulo Veintinueve

Chapter 29

"Do you think it's possible to call the demolition company and demolish the school?" I ask as Ameena and I get ready.

She snorts. "Doubt it. But knowing Arsen, they'd probably say yes in a heartbeat."

Laughing, we both grab our bags and walk out of the room.

"Xanny, I'm sorry, again, for what I said," Ameena says. "I know I wasn't supposed to say anything, but Arsen's history with girls hasn't exactly been rated five stars."

I shake my head. "Don't worry, it's fine. I know what I'm getting myself in to."

Shrugging and walking past her, I rush down the stairs and make sure she can't see the frown on my face.

Because even though that's the hundredth time she's said sorry, I know part of her - if not, then all of her - is telling the truth.

Arsen could crush me in a much worse way than any big ball smashing into a school.

"You guys ready?" Noah asks, smiling at me sweetly, his cheeks red. Ameena nods and I give him a smile back.

He truly does remind me of an adorable puppy.

"Can't wait!" I say cheerily.

Although inside, my heart is beating violently.

"Do you think Shanaya might've forgotten that school's today?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and looking around.

Don and his gang left earlier, they had to get some things sorted out, and I never know where Arsen runs off to in the morning. Which leaves me with these guys. 

Although I've come to realize, I don't mind at all.

"Shanaya is a model student. The day she misses school will be the day the world ends," Xander snorts, crashing onto the couch and winking at me. I blush slightly.

Noah gives him a look, and I laugh.

"You know, we could always take care of Shanaya for you," Kade says, coming up to us and draping an arm around me, glaring at Noah and Xander.

But I know he doesn't mean it in the 'punch and kicks' way when, a while later, he shares a smirk with Jax.

"Jaxon and Kaden, do you two have any dignity left?" Ameena growls, and Jax looks at her, something flashing through his eyes before he lazily smiles.

"What's dignity again?" He asks, giving Kade a fake confused look, who puts on the same expression.

"Dunno," He answers, narrowing his eyes as if thinking.

"Okay, that's enough. We gotta get going. Where the hell is Arsen?" Xander asks, hauling himself up and sighing as he checks his watch.

"Where does he even go in the mornings?" I ask.

I guess that was a bad question since everyone's heads turn to look at me. Even Jax and Kade have stopped messing around.

"Strict rules not to tell you, Xanny," Noah smiles softly. "Sorry."

I sigh.

No, it's okay. Just another huge secret piled onto the other one thousand of his. I'll get over it. 

Maybe. 

Someday. 

Or never.

"Doesn't matter," I shrug.

Better guessing than not knowing, am I right?

Maybe he goes for a quick, quiet stroll through the forest. Or for a coffee at Diggy's Doughnuts, or makes a quick stop at the mall for some more of his black clothes.