Capítulo Treinta y Nueve

Chapter 39

"Don?" I ask, shutting the door behind me.

He doesn't move from his place in front of the window.

"I want to speak to you," I tell him. He still doesn't move. "Can I sit?"

His silence makes me angry and I walk up to him, grabbing his arm and turning him purposefully. 

He turns and my heart skips a beat at the anger and hurt in his ocean blue eyes.

"What?" He growls, pulling back his arm. I regain myself and sigh.

"Why won't you tell me what's wrong? I've been nothing but patient with you," I glare at him and he glares right back.

"You really don't see it, Xanthe?!" He hisses, taking a step forward. "I can't believe you don't see it!"

My eyebrows shoot up. "See what? What don't I see?"

He sighs. "Nevermind.  You're too blinded by a monster deep down you know you can't have," His voice whispers.

I take a step forward, knowing all too well who he's talking about.

So much for asking what's wrong with him. The boy has a crush on you.

Shut it. We're the same person, you don't have to say 'you'.

But I'm not the one in control.

I sigh, wondering if the voice in my head is right. "Don..." I trail off, not really knowing what to say to him.

Suddenly, he grabs my wrist and pulls me towards him, hugging me tightly. "You've changed." He mutters in my ear.

As my heart flutters with emotions I thought I'd pushed deep down, I swallow, and Don hugs me tighter when I don't respond, realizing that he isn't being himself. 

How have I changed? I'm still the same person...aren't I?

Ow. He's hurting me.

"That's enough," A cold voice says from behind us.

Don tenses and slowly lets me go but doesn't move away from me, and I hear the footsteps of Arsen's shoes walking up from behind me.

He curls his fingers around the collar of my shirt and pulls me back gently, creating a wide space between Don and me.

"What have I told you, Devon?" Arsen's cold voice mutters, hand still where it was before.

"Bunch of shit," He growls at Arsen, making me automatically glare at him for his language.

Arsen stays his cool and collective self, and I almost feel sorry for Don, my heart still beating.

"You've changed her," Don mutters, turning back to the window. "When we first met, she was this bubbly girl who always had something witty to say. Now, she enjoys other people's pain."

My eyes widen and I'm about to take a step forward but Arsen's hand stops me.

"I do not enjoy others pain, Don!" I yell, folding my arms since I can't do much with Arsen holding me tightly.

"Really? Why do you decide to hurt me every day then?" He asks, looking at me properly. I furrow my eyebrows.

"How am I hurting you?" I question quietly, intrigued by what he's saying.

My heart thunders as I think of the possibility that maybe he really does have feelings for me.

Don's about to take a step forward but Arsen's quick to move, and wraps his arms around me protectively.

My Possessive CriminalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara