Capítulo Cincuenta y Ocho

Previously on MPC

'Xanthe and the gang went to rescue Jax, knowing the words behind Shanaya's game plan were a complete lie.

Upon entering the abandoned building, Xanthe got kidnapped, and was rescued by Teel, who helped her in the rescue plan for Jax, and ended up getting murdered along with Shanaya after asking a question he wasn't supposed to.

Enjoy the chapter, guys.'

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 58

"Alaska State Police have been investigating a crime scene at the old Montgomery Hotel, after getting a complaint that gunshots were heard inside the building. Two bodies were found dead and identified as the famous thief Teel Rodriguez and obsessive stalker Shanaya Longwood."

I turn off the news, sharing a pitiful look with Ameena who snorts.

Those two totally deserved it. But...Teel was a thief?

Huh, who would've thought?

I'm not surprised upon Shanaya's part, though. She did seem quite obsessive - with almost everyone.

"What are we going to do now?" Kade asks, walking in with a lollipop in his mouth. I narrow my eyes.

"I don't know. First, we have to sort out what we're going to do with Xena. I've been visiting her for so long, they'll get suspicious if I don't turn up now," I mumble, jiggling my left leg to stop from overthinking.

Jiggling doesn't help, but it does distract. That'll have to do for now.

I've killed more people than I ever thought I would.

I didn't think I'd kill even one person, but here I am.

However, when it comes to Xena, there's no willpower. I'll never forgive myself.

I mean, she's my sister. At the end of the day, it was her who'd always help me when I didn't know what to do, and it was her who brought me out of my shell.

I couldn't kill her. She hadn't done anything yet.

"I'm going to visit her today."

Noah's head snaps towards me, and he jumps off the couch at the same time as Xander.

Perfect synchronization.

"You're not visiting her." Noah growls just as Xander says; "I'll come with you."

I pause. Ameena giggles and Kade rolls his eyes. "Shut the fuck up. I'm going since I asked and she answered my question. Right, Xanny?" He smiles cheekily, leaning on my shoulder with an extremely sharp elbow.

"I have no intention of going with her because she's not going," Noah glares at Kade, and pushes Xander back onto the couch without even looking at him.

I smile. "I'm going, Noah. I have something to sort out. And I doubt she has a cellphone at the ready."

He raises an eyebrow. "No, Xanthe."

"She's the boss," Jax points at me. I nod obligingly, and Noah's eyes narrow.

"Then I'm coming."

Xander gets up off the couch again, and Kade takes a step forward. But I shake my head.

"Let's go."

I'm afraid if I say I want to go alone Noah won't even let me move from the spot I'm standing in. Besides, it's not like more than one person can go into the asylum room. He'll be waiting outside for me.