Capítulo Quince

Chapter 15

I had barely even opened my eyes when it happened.

"XANTHE JACOX!"

The shout was so loud and so bloody clear, I was afraid he was screaming right down my ear and that he'd found his way into my dreams. But then the bedroom door was banged open, and I immediately jerked upwards, sitting.

Ah, so he wasn't here then.

Well, he's here now, and whatever's he's mad about, can wait till after I've finished my sleep.

I was just about to go back to bed when I noticed his phone in his hand.

My whole body freezes.

Oh...I guess he found out about the little make-out session he had, then.

"Morning, Arsen..." I say, smiling nervously and slowly getting out of bed. I walk up to the bathroom, but quick as lightning, Arsen blocks my way.

Oh, great.

"Don't, Xanthe, what the hell is Xander on about? I didn't have--I didn't have...on the plane! Are you fu--are you mental? What the bloody hell was going on in your mind when you told them that? And, more importantly, why?" He seethed, and I just about stopped myself from laughing.

He may be angry, but when he was standing there looking like that, I wanted to burst out into laughter.

Arsen looked like a little boy who didn't get his ice cream.

As much as it was cute, I couldn't help but laugh.

So, when I burst out laughing, I didn't entirely regret it, not even when I noticed the murderous look in his eyes.

"If you don't stop laughing right now, Xanthe, I will--"

Suddenly, the bedroom's door was flung open, and Ameena's mom came rushing in.

"What's going on? I thought I heard a scream, but you--" She pauses, looking from me to Arsen and then back to me, her gaze dropping to my lower body.

Arsen looks down as well and stiffens. Then, I look down.

...uh oh.

I'm not wearing any pants.

Just an oversized t-shirt that hangs off my left shoulder and stops a little over mid-thighs.

And Arsen's cheeks are now, literally, glowing.

I hide my laughter.

But then, the blush creeps onto my cheeks when I realize Arsen's eyes are still on my legs, and Ameena's mom is giving us both curious glances.

"Are you two...um, a couple?" She asks, hesitating.

My eyes widen.

"No!" Arsen and I yell simultaneously - well, actually, I yell. He just growls.

Last night comes crashing back and I feel myself burning.

I push past Arsen and into the bathroom to get away from the scrutinizing looks, locking the door behind me and breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Trying to clear my thoughts and tame my beating heart, I take a shower, and choose carefully out of the clothes Ameena packed for me so I'm not showing too much skin.

Not only because it's freezing, but because I don't want a repeat of this morning.

I end up settling on a black hoodie and skinny jeans, with Ameena's favourite chunky sole trainers.