Meant to Be [Cress x Reader]

Striaton Law has been completed starting now. 

STORYTIME.

Sometimes things just feel right. The whole universe just allows the stars to allign and the cosmos create the most perfect interactions in all of human and Pokémon history. Like Red defeating and reforming Giovanni, or when Cynthia became the champion of the Sinnoh region. The world just likes to create those moments where everything is just meant to be. Everyone has one of those meant to be moments in their lives. Your Meant to Be Moment starts now.

You were walking through Striaton City, visiting your grandmother who has gotten terribly ill. You live in another region. You make your home in Eterna City back in Sinnoh. Your grandmother lives here in Unova, and she needs someone to live with her for a little while. You happily volunteered, remembering when she used to live here in eterna. Eterna City became too much for her so she moved to Unova. In Striaton City it's warmer and the air is clearer than in Eterna City. You never understood why she decided to move entirely to a new region until now.

As you were walking around with your Luxio following close behind, you took notice of everything. Striaton City has an entirely different feel to it. It was rustic and nice. Everything just felt so... so right here. As you walked by people greeted you. Everyone was so neighborly here. Even if you clearly were from a farm off place, people offered you advice and a tour around. Little kids would ask you to play with them or if they could pet your Pokémon. Luxio was loving the attention. It was amazing.

After you dropped everything off at your grandmother's and she said she wanted a nap, you decided to walk around again. Luxio was with you, of course. You allowed Luxio to go off on its own and play with the little kids again, who were still outside and having the time of their lives. You told your partner to just shout if you were needed. While Luxio was having fun, you went around the neighborhood and took a look around.

Everyone was so kind. You saw the Dreamyard and a lot of kid stuff we're training to battle them the gym leaders there. You saw the gardens where lots of grass types Pokémon flourished and the fountain flowed. You talked to a lot of the locals and made decent conversation. The majority of them knew tour grandmother and thanked you for coming to take care of her. But here, this is where your meant to be moment occurs so read carefully.

You were in the gardens again when you look up and see a blue haired boy standing in front of you, holding a blue monkey like Pokémon in his arms. You think it's called a panpour. He just looked at you and you felt soemthing go off In your heart. He was really cute. You stood up from the bench you were sitting on. There was a silence for a moment before this boy decided to speak.

"You're From Sinnoh, Yes? Nana (Grandma's name)'s Grandchild?"

So he also knew your grandmother. You wondered why everyone's called her Nana, but it was just nice so you left it alone. It built Community in the city named Striaton. You smiled and nodded, ticking out your hand for an introduction. Carefully, he shifted his arm so he could hold his Panpour and shake your hand at the same time.

"Yes, that's her. I'm (name). It's a pleasure to meet you!"

You cheered happily. You were falling in love with this place. Everyone was so welcoming and kind. You almost felt like permenantly moving here and not just until your grandmother gets over her sickness. You felt a little bit of electricity when you held his hand, even for just the split second you were shaking it. When you took your hand back you paused. You stared st it a moment before meeting that same blue eye again. His other eye, which you assumed as also blue, was hidden under his hair. The boy was smiling.

"A pleasure to meet you (name) as well. My name is Cress. I'm one of the gym leaders here. Would you mind if I get to know you better?"

You nodded, sitting back down on the bench. You patted the spot next to you and he sat down, hugging Panpour close to his chest. He was really hospitable. He was making an effort to get to know you without knowing who you are. He's just like every reason you feel like you should stay here. It's like coming to Striaton City was meant to be. This was your meant to be moment and you knew it full well. You both sat there for a moment, neither of you seemingly knowing what to say. You decided to break the silence.

"You wanted to know something about me? Like what?"

You ask sweetly, looking up at the bright sun in the clear blue sky above Striaton City. This place was so beautiful. You loved it here. Then you looked over at Cress. He was thinking, looking st his own feet as they swayed a little bit in place. That's cute. He doesn't even know yet. He was just trying to make an effort to welcome you on the spot. That's really nice and your heart swelled up with joy. And maybe something else too. You aren't sure yet.

"What about some of your favorite things?"

You smiled. So basic, so simple, yet such a kind gesture. If you haven't noticed by now, you take the meanings of little things. Even the smallest things bring you happiness. Small things like Cress trying to make a good first impression in you was great. Though it was hard not to make a reference to the movie Sound of Music. Raindrops on roses And whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings. These are a few of my favorite things

"Well, I enjoy (food) and my favorite color is (color). I might seem really weird for mentioning this but but I always liked the smell of rain. As a child I remember when grandmother would pass me some rain boots and we'd splash in the puddles and play with the wild Shellos that would come out in the rain."

You giggle awkwardly. You really liked rain. It was your favorite weather. Though the sun wasn't bad. Sunny weather is great too, but having too much gets boring. You cringed a little and looked over at Cress, who's Lips formed a widespread smile. His panpour was also smiling, nodding his head to agree with you. You couldn't help but smile when hearing the words come out of his mouth.

"You also like the rainy weather? Everyone around here thinks rain is dreary and should stay inside during it. However Nana likes to go outside in the rain with me, then some of the kids come outside. It's nice to know I'll have another friend my age outside when the rain starts to fall!"

Your heart skipped a beat. This had to be meant to be. This had to be fate at work. There's no way such a perfect friend would be crafted and not placed right here for you. You nodded happily. Yeah. He'd have another friend in the rain. Forever. You're going to stay. It's just meant to be.

1233 Words

That was a little better. Again, I'm sorry for my terrible writing skills and lack of truly creative works. It's hard to be proud of your work when it's really bland. I'm sorry for being a bad author.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I love all of y'all so much! Now, after this chapter, starts the actual requested works! I'm going to eat lunch before that though. Probably make some pizza in the oven. Then i'll Get straight to work! I'm really inspired right now! Woo hoo!

~Eva