Who Needs Insecurity Anyways? [Lance x Reader]

Requested by a good pal of mine from one of my old books ShadowofAhola! Yes, I remember you sweetheart and I love you! (Platonically)

I'm no good at writing for characters like Lance so I'm so sorry if this is OOC And hella terrible.

STORYTIME! 

You're an insecure person. You never know what to do and what not to do. Like, would this look great on you or would you ruin the entire aesthetic on the outfit? Should you cook breakfast and risk burning the house down or buy it and play it safe? Are you entirely sure you are good enough for your boyfriend or are you kidding yourself and he's just using you so he won't be alone until he finds someone actually worth his time? You're not not sure about most things things and think really, really bad about yourself. Your boyfriend, Lance, has had enough of your insecurity. It's time to reassure you that you are the most amazing person in his entire life.

You wake up this morning to an empty other side of your bed. Where did Lance go? Did he have champion stuff to do again today? Probably. Even if he didn't you don't expect him to stay in bed. He's an early riser. Besides, he wouldn't want to cuddle with you much anyways. You aren't too cuddly or adorable enough for him to want to. You sigh and sit up in the bed, letting the blankets fall down off of your body. You stretch your eyes and notice that there is a piece of paper where Lance normally sleeps with a bouquet of roses. Curious to what this is all about, you take the letter and open it. 

Good morning love. If you haven't noticed, I'm not in bed with you. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be in there with you, but today is special. Go find Lorelei, she has a gift for you before you go see me. Love, Lance.

Lorelei? Why would Lance send you over to her? You shrugged and got out of bed, taking the roses to the kitchen so you can get them in a vase. You don't want these lovelies to wilt now do you? After you got those set up you went back to your shared bedroom so you could get dressed. After dressing yourself in your most fashionable way you take the card and walk out of your house. You cal, upon one of your flying Pokémon to take you to the Kanto League where you can reach Lorelei. She ought to be there, right? So you head there, almost on a Savenger Hunt.

"Oh, there's the lucky lover!"

Lorelei cooed out to you, catching you approaching her. You laugh it off nervously, feeling embarassment fill your cheeks with a pinkish red hue. If you wer pretentious you would call it blood orange. You walked up to her with the note showing towards her. You were to embarrassed to say anything. She recognized Lance's handwriting immediately and dug around in her purse. Another note was handed to you. Wow, Lance actually planned a Scavenger Hunt didn't he? It made you wonder why he did this all for you.

"Here you go, Dear! Lance also told me to send you to Agatha after me! I have to go, see you around (name)!"

You watched the redhead off before opening the letter to see whatever your lovely boyfriend wrote for you in this letter.

So you've made it to Lorelei already, I'm proud of you. I love you so much, babe. That's why o made this scavenger hunt. I figured you would be wondering why I took the time out of my life to do this for you. Don't do that. You don't ever need to doubt me or wonder why I do things for you. I love you with all of my heart, and that's reason enough. Lorelei should have told you to go visit Agatha by now. Don't ever forget that I love you. Written with Love, Lance.

You smiled warmly at the note. How did he know? Was he psychic? No, Sabrina was Psychic. He's just amazing in every single way. You folded the note and held it in your hand with the other one. Hopefully you won't get too embarrassed by Agatha. She's the embarrassing grandmother who likes to pinch everyone's cheeks and tell them how precious they are, while at the same time she's like the badass grandma from Hoodwinked who doesn't hesitate bitch when she saw you hanging out with Caitlyn yesterday. Lucky for you, she's also a member of Lance's Elite Four so you didn't have to travel far to find her. Apparently she was talking with Bruno. She turned towards you with a compassionate yet wrinkly old lady smile. Bruno just smirking with his arms crossed. You opened your mouth to explain why you're here but she shut you up real quick.

"No need to explain, sweetheart. Lance told us about your little Scavenger Hunt. Bruno and I will just hand you both of your notes now."

The pair gave you your letters. You bid them a cheerful farewell before reading them in the correct order.

So you've made it to Agatha as well. That only leaves two more people for you to go and find, Bruno and Myself. No need to go after the fourth Elite Four. They don't like me much anyways. Just remember I love you so much and nothing will ever change that. Love, Lance.

You found Bruno! Congratulations! That means you only have one more person on your list to find and that's me. I bought you those roses this morning because I love you. I put on this entire adventure for you because I love you. I know you're insecure, but you don't need to be. I'm always going to be here for you and I'm always going to love you. By now Lorelei texted me that She found you and I'm back home waiting for you. Come back home to me, my darling. I have a surprise for you. Forever Yours, Lance.

You felt like you were going to cry. He was so sweet. You love him so much. You call upon your flying Pokémon to bring you all the way back home. You land right in front of your doorway and to your surprise-not-surprise the door was unlocked. You gasped when you saw Lance standing there in a Tuxedo with Dragonite standing beside him. He had a small black box in his hand and he was talking to Dragonite. You felt like you were going to cry right there on the spot.

"You got this, Lance. You just need to calm down..."

He muttered to himself before Dragonite tapped on his shoulder and pointed to you. Lance turned around and flushed bright red. Wow, okay you saw that. Awkward. Lance cleared his throat and walked straight up to you. He grabbed your hand and kissed it before bending down on one knee. He flicked open the box to reveal a beauitful indigo gemstone shining brightly on a gold band. It's an engagement ring. You really wanted to cry. You believed you didn't deserve this, yet you were getting it. You've never felt this much overwhelming happiness inside of your body. You could faint right now and it wouldn't be out of the ordinary at all.

"(Name), you've made me happier than anyone else in the world. You're amazing, you're gorgeous, you're kind, you're smart, and you're everything I could ever want. Nothing in those letters I wrote to you was a lie. I love you with all of my heart. That's why I'm asking you to make me the happiest man in the world. (Name)... will you marry me?"

You tackled him to the ground with a hug. What kind of question was that? Of course! You love him so much! He actually brings you confidence in yourself. He brings you happiness you couldn't even describe! There's no way you can turn this beauitful man down!

"YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!"

Who needs insecurity anyways when you have Lance.

1345 Words

I tried. I really did. I'm sorry this sucks lol.

~Eva