Scarf [Morty x Reader]

I just realized I've been neglecting my Johto lovelies! Not anymore! I'm giving them some spotlight now!

STORYTIME!

Morty was never seen without that purple scarf around his neck. Nobody around town has ever seen him without a scarf. It was weird, especially In the hot summers he would always wear one of his scarves. One time a little girl asked him why he always wore a scarf. He just smiled his Makoto like smile and patted the little girl on the head. Then he said a bunch of vague words that parked the entire city to go into conspiracy theory MATTPAT mode.

"Sometimes an item holds a memeory, or a feeling, close. When I wear the scarves, I feel happy."

Truth be told, you were the reason Morty always wore a scarf. You loved to knot in your pastime and scarves are the easiest to make. You made countless things from your constant knitting a and sewing while Morty was working away in his dream job of being the Ghost Type Gym Leader Of Johto. You made a little hat for his Ghastly, little booties for his Gengar, you even went as far as to makw floves for his Haunter! But most importantly, you made him scarves. You know he loves the scarves so you are sure to make plenty. He needs a variety of scarves in his wardrobe, does he not? But he always prefers the purple one. And you know why he loves that scarf. 

A long time ago, when the two of you were only kids, you were visiting Ecruteak City. You were stsying her eyes for six whole months while you're parents back down in Floaroma Town in Sinnoh were setting things up after the divorce. You still liked to known smd sew. It was relaxing to you, just like sitting in the fields of flowers with Momma and MiMi. But you know you won't be able to do that again so you just decide to knit. You were sitting just on the boundary of the city, underneath the town's welcoming sign. That's when a blonde boy walked up to you, a carefree smile on his face. His voice was a lot deeper than you thought someone like him would have.

"Hey, whatcha doing out here all alone? I get needing your alone time, but you've been sitting out here for hours now."

He knew? Wait, an even more important question: It's been hours? You were about to ask how he knew when a Ghastly suddenly appeared behind you, jumoscsring you. He stuck out his tongue and made his eyes go huge. You shrieked and jumped backwards, clutching into your needles and yarn. You heard the blonde boy laugh behind you. He must have found that really funny, huh? If he was happy then you suppose you won't think too much of the face of how scared you were. You turned around and saw him smiling a big, happy smile. Different than his carefree one. Having two unhappy moms made you know the difference in smiles.

"You got pranked so good! Ha ha! My name's Morty, can we be friends?"

He stuck out his hand for a handshake. Ghastly floater sround to behind him, practically on his shoulder like an obedient bird Pokémon would do. You take his hand, beaming a smile right back at him. Of course you make sure your materials are all set in place first.

"Yeah! I'm (name)! I've been working on this scarf and it's almost done! I can give it to you for a gift if you want it."

Morty grinned and nodded, sitting next to you. You settle yourself back underneath the sign and begin your knitting process once again. After about five more minutes and after Ghastly jumpscare you again out of boredom, the scarf was complete. You even made a little Ghastly pattern at the bottom just for your new best friend Morty. You gave him the scarf and gave him a peck on the cheek, causing his smile to drop and face to redden in surprise and in embarassment. You grinned.

"For you!"

You smile to yourself, hands stopping from working on whatever new scarf you were making in the present. You loved that memory. It was how you and Morty met, became best friends, and soon enough became lovers. It was the very cheesy, cliché story of two childhood sweethearts growing up and deciding to get married and settle down. Even if Morty isn't read to be a dad yet despite the fact you want children so badly. But hey, you always respect a man's wishes just like a woman's. Consent is important kids. Even if you're just adopting or making a choice between two people. Always ask for consent and/or permission.

While thinking about the memory, the door opened and the ghost trio came crashing into the house as if they were on a one horse open sleigh. All the hills they go, laughing all the way! It may be too early for Christmas now, but maybe by the time you're reading this it's christmas time. You started laughing as Morty walked through the door of the Now messed up and disheveled house, laughing too. Instead of chasin after his playful trio, he walked over to you to see what you were working on. From behind, he placed his hands on your shoulders and leaned down to press a kiss onto your forehead.

"How is the most beautiful person in the world doing?"

Wait a second, you did this to him yesterday! He flipped the question and asked how you did! Did he forget or was he fishing for compliments. Either way you're fine with it. You reply without skipping a beat.

"I don't know, how are you Morty?"

He snickered, taking his hands off your shoulder and just walking away in defeat. He was expecting you to do that. Another great thing about Morty: he may be tired but he knows how to be funny when he wants to be. You can't nelp but giggle a little bit before focusing on whatever you were sewing in your Arms. It was a throw pillow. One with a bunch of purple hearts and a photo of you two together printed onto it. Of course you haven't finished the seams and it isn't stuffed yet but it was going to be a pillow. The anniversary of the day you both met was coming up. Morty came back over and noticed you staring at the image on the front. You two as kids. Morty smiled at it, remembering the moment and touching the scarf he was wearing, it was the same one from that day.

Memories never fade, and some items carry those memories.

1110 Words

I tried to get this one out ASAP and I'm not exactly sure how it turned out. Was Morty OOC? Was it good? Feedback plz. Like, detailed feedback at what I did right and wrong. Basically criticize me and be as mean as possible.

Thanks for reading and I love you guys, gals, and non binary pals! PEACE OUT (plagerized)

~Eva