Slow Down [Wally x Reader]

WHY HAVENT I DONT WALLY YET I TAKE THE BLAME ENTIRELY HE IS TOO CUTE AND WE HAVE TO LOVE HIM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

STORYTIME

You know those times when you feel like you have to keep going? You have to go faster or you will never make it anywhere in the world? Those times where life is too stressful and too fast thst you get swept away in it? Those times when you just want to cry and be in the eye In the hurricane? At those times it is the most important to slow down, take a breather, maybe have a puff of your inhaler, and be with the people you love.

Wally feels overstimulated way too much, that's why he's here. That's why he is on the beach in Slateport City, just watching the waves at night with his partner beside him. Gallade was just their with him, even so late in the night. It was humid, but the humidity was good for his lungs. It was easier to breathe in warm air. Life sometimes moves too fast for Wally. Being in his own journey, collecting gym badges, being a mega evolution trainer, all of this was so much. Sometimes he needed to just slow down and watch the waves. He sighed happily, watching the full moon hit the water as it crashed against the sand.

"I knew I'd find you here."

Wally heard a voice behind him. Both Gallade and himself turned their heads to look over their shoulders. You were standing there, Skitty at your side and smiling. How did you know he would be here? You giggled at his confused expression and walked over beside him. Skitty sat in Gallade's lap and started purring, causing the humanoid Pokémon to tear up at how cute it was. You sat next to Wally and grabbed his hand. Wally stared at you as you just kept your eye on the ocean.

"Well, I hoped I'd find you here at least. Slowing Down, admiring the water, maybe with me? I haven't seen you since Venduarf town. I missed you."

Wally frowned, looking down. He didn't mean to do that. He was just so excited and he got his first Pokémon, Ralts. He didn't mean to leave his lover back in town, alone. You've been together since you were really little kids and you were always taking care of him and loved him for who he is. You didn't let some asthma and some mental illness get in the way. Wally entwined his hand with yours, feeling really sad.

"I'm sorry. I just got carried away. Ha ha..."

He tried to nervously laugh it off, but he knew this wasn't something he could just laugh away. His anxiety would kick in any minute. Gallade placed one of his hands in his shoulder comfortingly. Wally looked over at him and mouthed the simple words thank you to his partner Pokemon. He felt his small hand being squeezed so he looked over at you, met your eyes. You had a melancholy smile over your lips.

"I know. I'm just so glad I caught up to you. This way I can travel with you. Right? Or do you not want me any more..."

Your fake smile fell at the thought. When your fpvoice cracked he knew you're hesrt did as we'll. Wally started to Panic a little bit. That isn't it at all! He still wants you! He still loves you! You've come so far you can't back down now! This calm, slow night started to not be so calm and slow. He felt all hot. His breathing was a little heavy. Panic attack. No, he has to control it! For you! He loves you!

"Nononononono! I still love you! I just got carried away! Please done leave me!"

He lunged himself into your embrace, tears starting to form. He started having a montage flashback of all the moments you were there for him. When you first met and he said he has asthma and anxiety, but you made a joke about both starting with As making him an A++. He remembered you visiting all the time and helping him through both asthma and panic attacks. He remembered you kissing him on the cheek and talking you it was all okay. He remembered your first contest spectacular. He remembered sharing with you all his storybooks about traveling the world and sharing the same dream to become the best that you both could be. He remembered camping in the backyard, watching stars and holding hands. He remembered growing up. He remembered getting brave and asking you to be his valentine for the first time. He bought roses and everything. He remembered kissing you on the lips for the first time on your birthday. Then... he just left you? How can he leave and forget someone so special? No matter how exciting being a Pokémon trainer is, that was so wrong of him. He didn't even relaise he was sobbing.

"It's fine, Wally. I won't ever go anywhere unless you tell me to. We're kindergarten sweethearts for life, right? I love you too much to let you go willingly. I will always be with you."

Wally stsrted to calm down. He started to slow back down. His breathing steadied and his panic attack was subsiding. You held him close, rubbing circles on his back. Wally felt a drop of water fall on his shoulder. Was that his tear or your own? Either way, this was an emotional moment for both parties. Wally pulled back, looking into your eyes. He saw you he'd tear stains on your cheeks, just like him. You smiled reassuringly at him, but he knew you were just putting up a smile for him. Wally decided to be brave.

Wally leaned forward and pressed a kiss onto your lips. Gentle, sweet, and innocent. For some reason his heartbeat actually torn calm when he did this, not super fast like last time. What did that mean? Nevermind, he knew. He knew he was so comfortable with you, so in love, that he could kiss you without being embarrassingly flustered. It means he is growing up along with you. It means you are his soulmate. Forever. No matter what. Wally opened his eyes and watched yours flutter open. He smiled.

"Lets just slow down, together. Together forever from now on."

You nodded, a real smile overcoming your lips as Wally went in for another gentle kiss. Gallade watched, happy for the little boy he grew up beside. He governed Skitty's eyes like the protective natured Pokémon he was. Skitty meowed in discontent but Gallade didn't care. You held Wally in your lap and you both just cuddled a tree night on the beachfront, watching the waves hit the shore and enjoying eachother's company.

Tonight was a night to slow down.

1126 Words

I literally wrote this at five in the morning before school but then I hadn't to get ready while writing it and finished it later at six thirty. I'm pathetic, aren't I? Sorry for my terrible writing.

Thank you so much for reading and I love you! I also made a book for the Striaton brothers which the ford took chapter is out if you're interested! Love ya! Bye~

~Eva