Play With Me? [Emmet x Reader]

HAIJIN LAW INITIATED

STORYTIME

Emmet was a very lonely boy. His only company was his Pokémon to these days. His twin brother has grown so distant and he hardly gets any challengers anymore. He'd be lucky if he gets one in a two month span. Playing with Joltiks gets old after a while, you know? Emmet is an extremely lonely boy who wants nothing more than to find a permemnant friend who will never grow distant from him like his brother has.

So Emmet waited. He waited and waited and waited. Whenever a rare challenger came the head would eother immediately leave without s trace or defeat him and move on in the train. Nobody ever wanted to stay with Emmet and it really hurts him. It hurts his heart. With every time he is ignored he grows another crack in his heart. It hurts his self esteem. Is he not good enough for everyone? Is that way no one likes him? Is it his fault? And it hurts his mental health. He grows anxious, waiting for the day to come. He feels neglected by the challengers and even by his own twin brother sometimes. Most of the time. He constantly feels sad and depressed thst no one ever wants to play with him. Moral of the paragraph? Loneliness hurts our precious cinnamon roll.

Emmet was sitting in his little car, stacking the Joltiks in his desk. Today was a single car train day, just like pretty much the rest of the week. Only Saturdays and Tuesdays are double days. Nobody really battles the double car train anyways. Ingo said he might take it off to just Saturdays. Or just Tuesdays. That would mean even less time together and even more neglect for Emmet. He's used to it by now. He sighed, stacking Joltiks. Would this weight in his chest ever go away? It hurts. It hurts so bad. That's when he heard the door open and he looked over at you. He wore a fake smile and stood up. He alresdy knew you'd just leave after the battle. He tried to be optimistic about it, but he just couldnt. He normally would tell himself at least I can have fun battling! But battling isn't fun anymore...

"Welcome challenger! My name Is Emmet and I'm your next opponent!"

You stared at Emmet, not saying a word for a moment. Was something wrong? Did he mess up? He probably messed up again. This is why nobody wants to hang out with him. This is why nobody loves him. He wanted to slap himself and be shocked by an electroweb. But then you just took a step towards him, analyzing his eyes. He just stood there awkwardly. What should he do? You put away your pokeball for some reason. You flashed a smile up at him.

"We can wait before battling for a while. You clearly don't want to."

Emmet's eyes went wide. How could you tell?! His heart skipped a beat. He felt happy. Happier than he has felt in a long time. It may just be a small thing but it still brought him Moreno happiness than anything that happens around here. Emmet smiled. If you don't want to battle maybe you want to play? Is it even worth a try? Yeah. There's no harm asking! Wait, there is. You could leave and find him childish. He doesn't want you to leave. He won't let you.

"Yeah! Do you wanna play with me for a while?"

Emmet stuck out his hand as if making an introduction. Well, technically, he was making an introduction. He hasn't even learned your name yet! His heart was racing and there's no way anything in this world could wipe the pure, innocent, happy smile off of Emmet's face right now. This was awesome! He finally gets a playmate! The weight on his chest has been lifted! You took his hand, still grinning, and shook it exaggeratedly. So exaggeratedly that his whole arm moved up and down in a wave form. It was adorable! He couldn't help but giggle.

"Yeah! My name is (name) by the way! Whatcha wanna do?"

Emmet grinned. He had so many games he used to play with Ingo when they were kids  he had cards, board games, coloring books (they were finished but hush), two 3ds systems with Mario Kart on them, different card games, bayblades, and those really cool magic treehouse books for kids in primary school. He dragged you over by your wrist in front of his cupboard of fun. He opened it wide and looked at your face for a reaction. You gasped and smiled wide, taking one off the shelf immediately.

"Wow! I haven't played Twister since I was really little!"

Twister? Ingo never really liked that game too much. He never played it with Emmet so Emmet had to play with Elektross and Gauvantula. Spoiler alert, they had a great time. That was before Emmet's self esteem dropped, he gained bipolar depression, and he had that weight of loneliness forever in his chest. He took the box and threw the top off of it, grinning at you. You were clapping your hands excitedly.

"Then Twister we shall play!"

Time Skip Brought to you by Odin Spark

The best crossover

After you finished playing Twister you played several other games! He taught you how to play bakugan and you battled with his bayblades. You played several rounds of poker while talking and you played monopoly, sorry, trivia pursuit, and some sort of Pokémon board game thst was really fun! Twister above all was your favorite! Ingo even stopped by during a game of poker and though he was pissed off that Emmet was playing card games with a challenger, you convinced him to join in a few hands. You could tell that made Emmet's world. You love making other people happy. When you see others hspoynit makes you extra happy! But your mom gave you a curfew and It was getting late (you think) so you stood up.

"That was really fun Emmet! I loved it! But I have to go. See you around!"

You happily chimed, heading for the door to go back to where you came in. Suddenly you felt something grab your wrist. Emmet? Or it could be Elektross. Emmet has his Elektross come out to play twister and poker with you two. You turned around and you were wrong. It was Emmet. He looked hurt. He looked like he was going to cry. Now you felt bad. But you reallt have to go! You don't want your mother to worry!

"You're leaving me?"

His voice cracked. You felt like you kicked a level one Lillipup across a feild into a hoard of beedrill. You wanted to give him a big hug for resssurance but you're awkward and don't knoe if you've reached that level of friendship yet. You smiled at him for that same reassurance. You had to think. When could you be back and not be busy?

"Not for long, though! I have something going on tomorrow but I'm sure I'll be back the day after that!"

Emmet went silent and his grip on your wrist tightened. You were about to ask what was wrong when he pulled you close to his body. He held you in a tight embrace. His breathing was wheezy, like he was about to cry. But then he growled out his words. A very scary growl. A very yandere growl. And yep, the words matched the tone.

"I'm never letting you leave me alone. I will never be alone again."

And that's how you experienced Stockholm Syndrome. Amazing, isn't it?

1279 Words

Is it weird that I wouldn't mind this ending? lol. 

Thanks for reading and I love you guys so much!

~Eva