My Favorite Person [Emmet x Reader]

Request by Mishy_de_1. Oh yes I've been waiting for this. Good thing someone requested ingo after this or else I'd pull a Haijin Law on you guys and make you wait longer. Haijin Law is literally the Striaton Law but with the Subway Masters.

STORYTIME!

You snuck around the employee who was granting admission for challengers on the Haijin Underground Battle Train. You're used to sneaking around anyways. It's the only way you get to see your favorite person in the whole world! You're supposed to meet up with him every day around now, because now is the time where his brother takes his nap and you don't want to be caught by his brother. Last time a little girl challenging the subway would have pointed you out if you hadn't given her a lollipop and your giant hershey's Kiss you were going to give to Emmet. Yes, Emmet is your favorite person. Read the title for once.

You snuck onto the train and slipped into the first car. Thank goodness you're here. You're literally broke and can't  pay for admission. You could hardly pay enough for a potion or two just in case one of the trainers here manages to force you into a battle and you gotta squash them. A little boy was about to approach you but you gave him a cold death glare to tell him to not even think about it. Don't even try it. You aren't in the mood. It's hard living on the streets and being friends with one of the most successful people in the world.

You walk all the way to the back car, most people remembering who you are and not to even try crossing you. Let's just say you got a pretty powerful Scrafty honwould punch them into the next month if they so much as tried to derail you from your objective. Nobody gets in the way of getting to your favorite person. Well, except for maybe his brother. We can't have the precious cinnamon roll getting in trouble now can we? You slide the final door open and see Emmet lounging around with a pile of joltiks over him, reading some magazine. His face brightened up when he saw you in the doorway. You closed the door behind you.

"(Name)!"

Emmet sprang up, tiny electric and Bug Type Pokemon falling to the ground on their feet. Don't you know that Joltik always land on their feet? Just like cat Pokémon. The more you know. Emmet ran over and gave you a tackle hug, almost pushing you into the wall. You hugged him back, feeling all the sadness, depression, starvation, and other troubles of the outside world you face away. You felt at home when you were with Emmst, which was good because you were a homeless person.

"Hey Emm. How's my most favorite person in the entire world today?"

You booped his nose, causing the taller man to giggle. He rested his hands on yours wast snd you rested yours on his shoulders. That smile. You fell entirely in love with that smile. You wanted to see that smile every day for the rest of your life. But you know you can't. At least... not until you can provide for him. Not until you get yourself together. Besides, he has his brother and the battle train. You can't drag him away from what he loves. It would break his heart, in turn causing your own heart to break.

"I'm so much better now that you're here! Come on! Get Scrafty! You, me, and Gauvantula are going to play a bunch of board games I found in the closet! Ingo didn't want to play with me before he took his nap."

Emmet pouted before running off to go find the Games. You smiled and watched him skip over to a little portable cubbard he brought with him. You took the only pokeball you have and let out your partner since birth: Scrafty. The fighting/dark dual type came out and took a good stretch. Scrafty held out his little three fingered hand towards you and you gave him a high five. Uh, high three? High three on five. Yeah, there we go. You saw Gauvantula chilling in the corner with a bunch of the wild joltik that infested the train, just taking a nice little nap. Why disturb the pokemon? You could play games with three people. Emmet returned with a big stack of stuff to play.

"I found an old game of memory, a deck or regular cards, a deck of old maid cards, monopoly, twister, and sorry!"

Emmet cheered, squatting down and placing the games on the floor. Gauvantula couldn't hold cards anyways, so why not stall him some sleeping time by playing a few rounds of poker and old maid? There are a million things you can do with a deck of cards. Besides, after meetin elite four grimsley in the streets one time he taught you how to play a mean game of poker. You sat down in a triangle. Emmet sat in his legs, Scrafty doing his best, and you sat cross legged. You picked up the deck of regular cards.

"How about we play some old fashioned poker? We can throw in some crazy eights and gold fish if you want, Emm."

Emm grinned and nodded, movin the boxes out of the way so you can shuffle properly. You kick your body back and lay down on your stomach so you can rest your forearms and the cards on the floor to shuffle. You take the cards and do the first half, then bridge it to complete the shuffle. Repeat a few times and you got yourself a fully shuffled deck. Jokers included. What should be wild? You know what. Those jokers and twos sound real nice right about now. You glanced over at Scrafty, practically smirking like he knows he's going to get lucky with his hand.

"Seven card stud, duces and jokers wild. That means if you get a two or a joker, you can make it any other card in the deck. Stud means you don't get to discard Andy redraw what you discard."

You had to put in that extra explaining for Emmet. He nodded, learning. He seemed so happy. He is so innocent. He's literally the best. You smile to yourself, hidj g ur back boush as you start dealing the cars. One each time around, ending with you. Repeat seven times to get a fully dealt hand of seven card stud. You place the deck in the middle and sit back up, crossing your legs once more. Criss cross applesauce baby, solves all your problems. Not really. You wished it did. You have a lot of problems.

Do you want to know a secret? Ingo never takes a nap at three in the afternoon to four thirty in the afternoon. At least, not after he learned of Emmet's little "friend" who came to visit him. A girl with a lollipop told him just before she left after losing to him. He stood unseen and watched his twin brother, who was more like a baby brother than a twin by how they acted, interact with this person. He learned of this random person. A homeless person on the streets. He watched you constantly call him your favorite person in the world. He knew how much Emmet looked forward to your daily encounters. Ingo sighed to himself in the corner.

His brother was falling in love, and he knew it.

1244 Words

Wow that was... pretty bad. Decent at best. What did you think of it? I tried making the twist ending like thing similar to N's oneshot. Either way, I hope this wasn't total garbage...

Thanks for reading and I love you so so so so much! I have school tomorrow and one more request to do. The next one has a prompt so watch out! Bye~

~Eva