gOTTA GO FAST [Barry x Reader]

My precious baby boy needs more love. Honestly, Barry is the best rival. Like, he's the best to be in the position. He has a great sense of perosnality/individuality, he has motive and drive to be better than you, and he is friendly with the protagonist. Mix Green and Wally and add in a little bit of Hau for his adorsbleness and boom, you get Barry. The best of every world. Barry is the best rival.

STORYTIME!

Barry is a fast paced person. He is always running and rushing to complete things literally the fastest way possible. He doesn't think and acts on impulse. So when you say you want to take the relationship slow it's obvious that he won't understand and move too fast, right? Well, it's Barry. Who knows what to expect. Much to contrary belief, Barry is alright with it and takes the relationship slow with you. Which is a huge relief because You don't want to be married at twelve years old. This is probably the only thing you've ever seen Barry be patient with. It's heartwarming to keep now he will wait just for you.

But guess what, Reader? You never know both sides to the story. So why don't we take a peak into Barry's perspective on the situation, shall we?

Barry was going insane and trying not to drive himself up a wall. He has never paced himself so slowly before! It's agony! But if it's for you he can go through agony. At least he can focus and speed through other things, right? He likes to live his life fast and in the moment. The fact he hasn't given you a true kiss yet was killing him! Yeah, that's right. He never got to kiss you on the lips yet! He was waiting for a sign to say you were okay with it but it was driving him insanely because you haven't given him the okay! He had to take a deep breath and look on the bright side. At least he got to hug you and hold your hand and kiss your cheek and take you on dates. At least you're dating him and at least you're loyal. He just needed to focus on that for now to keep himself from grabbing you and throwing his lips on yours. Kissing is the most intimate thing he knows of after all.

So Right Now you and Barry are on a date. It was your turn to choose where you went. Trying to be considerate of Barry, you chose to go to Hearthome. It's the busiest city in Sinnoh so you thought he would like being in a busy atmosphere. After a while you found yourselfs baking poffins together in the poffins House. The new Happiny he hatched sitting on the counter while he stirred the new batch and you were decorating the batch that came out of the overn when you out one in. Why so many poffins? Because Barry wanted to be constantly doing something. Besides, Dawn and Fantima would appreciate them anyways. You decided to be silly and get your boyfriend's attention.

"Hey Barry, check it out!"

Barry looked up from what he was doing and saw you. You coated frosting on your lips like lipstick and had the most covered in sprinkles. Barry dropped his jaw and the spook in the batter bowl. Happiny just cheered and cooed from where she was, supporting you and your sprinkle lips. You're (Sir/Miss) Sugar Pink, Sprinkle Sprinkle Lips. Hit ya with his sweet love, steal ya with a kiss. You're (Sir/Miss) Rainbow Ink, Frosting Frosting Lips. You're garunteed to be Barry's Bubblegum Bitch. Yes, that entire thing was a reference. Fite me Helen. You expected a laugh and him to do something silly too, but he just flushed red and started tearing up. Your smile fell. Was something wrong?

"Why!? Why do you test me!?! Do you hate me that much!?"

He voice cracked as he covered his hands with his face. Why in the name of Arceus would you hate Barry? You loved him with all your heart. You grabbed his wrists, trying to pull his hands away from his face so you could look him in his gorgeous amber eyes, but his hands wouldn't budge. You let go of him, petrified. What do you do!? Barry's never cried before. Sure, he can get frustrated sometimes, but he has never cried. He sniffed and wiped his eyes. He looked at you, trying not to look at your still sprinkly lips.

"You tell me to go slow and I try! I try really really hard! I can't do it! I can't go slow! But I don't want to break up because I go to fast and rush everything so I tried my best! It hurts! It hurts so much!"

Barry was full out wailing. The entire building was looking st the two of you with the same heartbroken expression. Clearly everyone shipped it and sympathized with Barry. Who wouldn't? Hell, you sympathized with him. Bad lover! Very very Bad lover! You silently cursed yourself out for causing Barry so much pain. You should have known better than to have asked the impossible. He tried so hard to restrain himself. You might as well pick up the pace a little bit. For him. You've done a lot of receiving, it's time to start giving. With a determined expression you grabbed Barry's shoulders and lunged yourself st him, pressing the sprinkles onto his own lips. You could feel him jolt from the surprise.

Barry caught a gasp as you suddenly threw yourself at him. In that one split second his heart exploded from a rush of emotions. Ha, irony. A rush of emotions. That overwhelming sadness and pain became pure joy and love. He could taste the frosting and sprinkles. It was delicious! You did a great job making the frosting from scratch! You were kissing him. You are the one who started it for once. You were comfortable with this. This was the sign he was waiting for. Finally he can love you as much as he wants to. Well, at least for now. He closed his eyes and reciprocated your kiss, one hand behind your head and the other in a curve of your lower back, bringing you closer to him.

It didn't get much more than lip connection, so when you pulled away the frosting and sprinkles were on both of your lips. Barry licked it off, grinning. You were blushing. You're hesd was spinning. You did that. You can't believe you just did that! You kissed Barry! You kissed Barry! Was this the excitement Barry wanted? Was this rush of adrenaline what Barry as chasin every time he wanted to go fast? It was so weird, so much to take in, but it felt fan-FREAKING-tastic! You licked your own lips and just stared at Barry, cstching your breath. The whole building was silent.

Then there was clapping out of nowhere. Both you and Barry turn around to hear whistling and applause from everyone else using the poffin baking house. Most of them were middle aged women. You flushed entirely red and Barry just laughed, taking a playful bow. Your mind was racing. Is that what it felt to be confident? Was that the adrenaline rush Barry always chased? You wanted more! You wanted to do it again!

"Barry!"

You call over the applause. He stands up from his bow and looked at you, raising an eyebrow. What more did you want? Or were you too embarrassed and wanted to hide behind him? He was fine with either. Then you kissed him again, grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him closer. You pulled away before he could register what was happening and you were grinning like a maniac. Breathless, you could only mutter out one phrase:

"We need to do that more often!"

1258 Words

This was adorable, I won't lie. I just wish I had better writing skills. You guys deserve way better than what I give you. I'm so sorry for being the literal worst.

I love you guys so much and I'm thankful for every single one of you!

~Eva