Somebody Who Loves Me [Gladion x Reader]

Hello my good friend Livingsolo909! It's awesome to see you again and ready to request! I'm also terrible at Gladion as a fair warning. You know. You've seen me write for him before.

With that warning in mind it is now STORYTIME!!! (Hey! That rhymed!)

Gladion pretends not to care but deep down he cares. He lets Words that's people throw at him effect him, he cries sometimes when he is all alone, and all the emotional abuse throughout his childhood (despite the fact he is still living it) weighs down on his chest so hard his heart shatters a little bit with every insult. He feels so alone. He feels like nobody really loves him. It hirts. It hurts so bad. Yet he pretends like he doesn't care. He pretends he doesn't feel unloved. But that heartache made a one-eighty when he met you.

Like him, you're a young member of Team Skull. People go as far to call you "Little Sib" in the same affectionate way they call Plumeria "Big Sis". It's amazing How someone as loved as you could manage to bring yourself someone as despised as him. It's a funny story about Howe you noticed him. He was getting picked on again by the other Grunts of Team Skull when you suddenly smacked the hell out of one of the grunts. You gave the other one a glare before scolding them. You went over to him and asked if he was cool. Gladion remembered playing it off but you wouldn't buy that bullshit so you went to go get some nice cream with him. That started the friendship that would mend his broken heart.

Right now Gladion was on his own, sitting under a tree eating a bunch of berries because he was hungry but he was too lazy to go and buy something new. He's had Malsadas too many times recently. Type: Null was in their pokeball, resting. Sometimes he just needs to have a therepudic moment of being alone and letting himself be wherever he is. To his surprise, he wasn't alone anymore. His only real friend sat next to him out of nowhere and stole one of his berries. Gladion was about to make a fuss but you have him a homemade brownie.

"I figured you could use some company and some sweets you weirdo."

You affectionately punched his shoulder and flashed him a big smile. No wonder everyone loves you. You're the adorable younger sibling that everybody loves. Gladion can't help but smile when be around you. You're the only person who actually likes him and can actually bother with him. He was lucky that Guzma tolerates him and allowed him to join Team Skull in the first place. 

"Thanks Little Sib, you're the greatest."

Time to go into your perspective for the first time in this oneshot! Do you want to know the real reason you baked him that brownie and tracked him down? You're worried about him. Turns out that you hanging around with him even more made the other idiot Team Skull Members hate him even more. You can tell. Gladion has been getting a lot less defensive and a lot more depressed when you catch him on your own. Last night you went to get a glass of water when you passed his room. He was sobbing up a storm. You're worried about the guy. Not to mention you got a crush on the adorable half-tsundere. He deserves better than the shit the guys give him.  You got really serious, swallowing the berry you stole from him.

"Yo, Gladi? Don't listen to those imbeciles. They don't mean anything by it. They're just jealous of how amazing you are despite how young you are. They tease you in the begining before they respect ya. Trust me, I know."

That was a big fat lie. You were never teased once. Why? Because you destroyed all of them in a Pokémon battle before joining Team Skull. You proved you were badass. Gladion just needs to prove that he's cool and badass then he will get the respect. You don't want to shove him into that. It's obvious he's using the edgy cloak to hide his sadness. Last night proved that. You felt Gladion's eyes on you. Then you heard him scoff. He's probably just going to brush it off again and reassure you thst he doesn't care. That trick won't work on you.

"Whatever, it's not like I care what the others say anyways. You're the only one that matters to me anyways."

Called it. You let out an annoyed sigh, leaning against the tree and on Gladion's shoulder a little bit. Hey cpuld be so stubborn, couldn't he? Might as well spill all you know.

"Listen, dude, I heard you crying your eyes out last night. I didn't want to e,barassing you or anything so I let you be. I know words can hurt. Trust me again on that one, the losers I called my parents hated my guts and constantly abused me beforehand I came here. I know how much words can hurt more than freaking anybody here. You're the person I want that to happen to the least. I hate to admit it but you mean a hell of a lot more to me than just a friend. You deserve so much better than the shit you endure. Even if that means you got to whip their asses with that Type: Null you got then you better whip their asses and tell them you won't take their shit anymore. You don't deserve that, Gladi. And if you take any more of that bull then I will personally grab my whip and slap the hell out of them. It's you or me."

Wow, look who's getting defensive now? The tables have turned. You felt your face heat up with a blush. Gladion was staring at you with an expression you couldn't read. Wait a fucking second, did you just confess to him? You stood up and balled your firsts at your sides. Oh HELL no! You weren't ready for a relationship yet.

"Uh, it's not like I like you or anything though! I'm just worried about you. Watch your ass, Alright? I gotta go."

Gladion watched you flee the scene. If Gladion understood that right, you had a crush on him and you wanted him to look out for himself. Gladion looked at the brownie he had in his hand and let himself smile, his heart feeling warm for once.

At least somebody loves him.

1090 Words

Yep. This sucks. Sorry.