Window Boy [Silver x Male!Reader]

First request since I came back! This one is for ShadowofAhola so sit back, relax, and enjoy! And read my previous oneshot of Professor Elm. He deserves more love too.

STORYTIME!

Silver watched in the window, watching the professor with his child and the three Pokémon. Then another child walked in there and they graciously gave them one of the Pokémon. Silver waited for the other child to leave and watched carefully. The laboratory went empty for a while. He made his move and stole the Pokémon witht he type advantage to that little girl's. What he didn't know is that the son of the professor saw him and he didn't say a word.

Silver watched in the window as a happy family was having fun in the laboratory. Silver felt a sob tighten in his throat. No matter how many times he came back to New Bark Town to watch what he longed for deep in his heart, he never could have that. All silver wanted was a father who loved him, a mother who nurtured him, and a strong Pokémon to protect him. Was that to much to ask? Apparently so. All his life he has been forced to be strong or he was punished. What would it take to finally get the affection he craved?

You were happily playing around with your Eevee and Pichu in the lab with your parents as they worked. It was a lovely day to spend with your family and friends. You glanced over to the window, wanting to see the sunshine filter through the glass, only to see that same sad face from that day a year ago. The boy with red hair who was always watching through the window and stole Totodile from your dad. Dad was agonizing at first, but then you thought about him. What was his life? How bad must it be where he has to steal a Pokémon instead of ask for one? You named him Window Boy and you wrote stories about him like a fictional character. Being the compassionate little boy your father raised you to be, you stood up and walked outside, Eevee and Pichu following you.

"Hey, Window Boy! I'm (name) Elm!"

You cheerfully greeted him. The redheaded boy jumped and blushed bright red to match his hair before turning to face you. He held a pokeball in his grasp where you could only assume it was for Totodile. Or Fraligatyr if he evolved him. He coughed to clear his throat to regain composure. He then glared daggers into your eyes. Oof. Scary.

"I don't know what you could possibly want! I'm just.. uh... Waiting to ask the professor for a favor! Yeah, that's it!"

You weren't having any of that bullshit. You took Eeve into your arms and Pichu climbed up your body and rested on your shoulder. You took another step towards him and he flushed bright red again. You sighed and looked at the ground.

"Look, Lyra told me your name is Silver. I know you stole Totodile from my dad. I don't care. Something must be going on in your life and I just wanted to help you. You're always looking in through our window with a sad face like you're about to cry. If you wanted to come in, you always can. The lab's doors are always open for everyone. But something is stopping you. I think it's Pride. If you need a friend, I'm right here. You can keep Totodile, we won't take him back, but know that we are always here for you."

Silver just stared at you a moment, letting his guard down. Silver felt tears welding up In his eyes. Surely this boy must know the feeling too, right? Boys aren't allowed to cry. Boys aren't allowed to be weak. Yet here he is, another boy, letting himself be vaunerable and telling him that it was okay to be that way too? That goes against everything he had ever been taught! Silver couldn't take it. He couldn't let someone else see him break down. Silver covered his eyes with his arm and ran away, hopping the fence not to be seen again for a long while. You sighed to yourself and stroked Pichu with your free hand.

"He will come around, I promise. Everybody needs someone to vent to. Everyone needs a friend. Especially Window Boy."

Time Skip brought to you by redheaded tsunderes!

Now back to the sponsored program~

Silver took a sharp inhale and walked past the window. Why was he taking that son of Elm's advice? Who knows, but what he did know is that this pain on his chest was unbearable. He needed s friends desperately. He wanted someone to talk to. He wanted someone to love him. He needed a human family, and if someone was going to offer him at least a chance at that... then... what's the shame in trying, right? Silver had to swallow his pride as he knocked softly on the door of the lab. He silently prayed to Arceus that nobody heard him. His prayers were filled when the door opened to see you standing there with a big smile on your face.

"Silver! Come on in! Wow, perfect timing! Mom's making cookies upstairs and Dad's conducting an experiment on Togepi! We can do whatever we want while we wait for cookies! We can battle, I got a train set, I got playing cards and trading cards, and whatever you want!"

Silver was overwhelmed by the warmth of his welcome. He was being shoved in by adorable Pokémon and you. He stepped inside and suddenly he was in the room he always watched from the window. Sure enough, Professor Elm was in the back working with Togepi. Silver heard him call out from the back at you.

"Son, do you have a friend over? Tell them I said hello!"

Silver felt his heart melt. He fell to his knees and felt the tears break over the dam he made called his pride. You fell next to him, extremely worried for him. For the first time i  his entire life, Silver smiled. Silver never smiled before. Well, he has never genuinely smiled before. This was an indescribable feeling. He turned to you and smiled warmly, his voice cracking as he spoke two words.

"Thank you..."

I hope that was emotional enough. Sorry for the long wait! I went to Starbucks with my dad. Merry Christmas guys!

~Eva