More Than What We Are [Augustine Sycamore x Reader]

This wasnt a request, but I know a certain ChokoLemonCake would want to be tagged right about now. This is probs the last oneshot for a little bit. At least two days maybe even three or four. I hope I can make a good one...

Also, warning to when the Lenny faces appear you might want to avoid them if you're innocent.

STORYTIME

You are an assistant at the Kalos Pokemon Research Lab in Lumiouse City. Every region's professor focuses on a different study of Pokémon. Professor Sycamore is the most similar to Professor Rowan of the Sinnoh region. See, Rowan studies the evolution of Pokémon. Sycamore takes it a step further and dives into the mysterious world of mega evolution. Though, since so much is put into the phenomenon, only certain trainers can help him. Like you! You're a mega evolution trainer who has a Medicham as your partner. You help with the study of mega evolution and then Professor can rely on you for a variety of work! You are proud to be called upon by your sexy, intelligent boss.

Meanwhile in Sycamore's Mind he would just wish you'd stop using the formalities. It bugs him something awful when you call him Professor Sycamore, Sir, Boss, or anything along the lines of that. He would kill (not really but you know what I mean) just to get a simple Augustine out of you. Without the Sir or Professor. Every time he corrects you it automatically goes to Augustine, Sir or Professor Augustine. He has taken a severe liking to you, more than he would ever want to admit publicly. Maybe just so he can halfway satisfy the desires deep in his heart he could become your friend? More than just an assistant and boss. He wanted so much more, but he of all people should know the importance of baby steps.

"(Name), a favor if you will?"

Augustine's causally drops in the question as he sees you rushing by, beaming with pride as you have a bunch of papers in your arms. Your beloved best friend Medicham helping you by carrying another stack in her arms. You two truly were exactly the same. Cute, helpful, eager, and stronger than you could ever care to show. He's seen you take on a rampant Beartic in Snowbelle City before. Just another item in the long list of admirable things about you. Fearless, strong, courageous, protective, and heroic. That little boy you saved still visions the gym sometimes to this day... back to the story!

"Yes sir, Mister Sycamore."

There you go again with that tedious mister idiocy again. He held in his groan and kept smiling at you. If he could only get you alone and explain how much it pains him to have you constantly "boss-zone" him every single time you call him by a formality. He had to remember, baby steps. Baby steps. He took the papers out of your arms and set them in whatever table was nearby, not even caring about them in the slightest. Medicham just shrugged and used psychic to lift the other stack he set down, continuing to walk to the destination. Medicham knows when to leave a human couple to their own devices. Who knows what could happen. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You giddily followed the professor to wherever he was taking you. He was holding your hand, not your wrist like he does with other people when he leads them off places. His fingers were prectivslly entwined with yours! You wanted to squee like the little fangirl you were, letting your mind go to very dark places. What kind of favor did he want!? You can only imagine...  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) you know, stuff like him sitting ontop of the desk and letting his legs spread wide, then he asks you with a flushed red face "Help me with this problem~"  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) You felt your face go hot at the idea. He led you into a room and closed the door behind you. He locked it.

"Now, we need to talk."

Talk? You could talk. You could do more than talk if he wanted to. You would do anything for the Professor. That's how absolutely smitten you were. You dont care if he asked you to do the impossible, asked you to do the  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), or even asked you to leave and never see him again. You will do absolutely everything he asks of you.

"Why do you keep trying to be so formal? Is that hard just to call me Augustine? Everyone else seems to manage it fine. Why is it just you having trouble? It's just my first name."

Your face shot into fifty shades of red. Was he that flustered over what you Call him? Honestly you did that so you yourself don't get too carried away or make your obvious feelings towards him less obvious. You wanted to show him so much respect and that's how you get out your love, with respect. Before you can shower someone in love, you shower them in respect. You put your affection inside that special Professor and Sir and Mister titles. It's a subtle way to show affection. But... if it bothers him you can just stop. You didn't notice yourself frowning while blushing, ranting in your mind. The silence you had was extremely bothering Professor Syc- uh... Seriously bothering Augustine.

"If it's awkward for you, I'm sorry for being so brash... It's just... I want to be more than what we are. I'm not just your boss. I'm your friend, yeah? Friends go on first name basis, yeah? So would it's be that hard? I'd want you of all people to call me by first name..."

There it goes. The fireworks. That set off the anxious stammering and flustered fangirling deep in your heart. He WANTS you to call him by his first name! That last little phrase he said. He wants YOU and YOU SPECIFICALLY to call him by his first name! You wanted to dance around the room, kiss his lips until they turn blue. Handsome Professor, he has made you happy. Again in this long time you spent with him! WHAT UP DODIE REFERENCE!?

"Nononononono! I mean it's totally cool! I didn't want to impose or come off as too forward or anything! OhArceusthatcameoutwrongletmedothatagain- I MEANT that I just wanted to show you respect because I really look up to you as more than a boss WAITTHATDOESNTHELP!!!! Uh! Uh! Uh!"

Augustine let out a chuckle, shutting you the hell up. So let's break this down in his point of view, shall we? You said you didn't want to come off as cowards  hinting at a crush. Then you said you look up to him as more than a boss, hinting at some high level of adoration. If he was evaluating this right, he had a good chance that you felt the same way he did. So you were avoiding using his real name so your love for him wouldn't be obvious? Well, that just defeated the point. He has a better plan. Why not make your love more obvious? Even without you knowing it? Maybe that's could satisfy his heart. Maybe then he won't be so... so... greedy.

"How about this? If you call me August instead of Augustine to help you get used to informalities with me. If you go by a nickname, you get used to it making Augustine much easier to say by habit. What do you say?"

Wow! Profe- Uh, August was completely and entirely right! Just like always! He was so smart! No wonder why you loved him so much! You flashed him the biggest smile you could even pull and try to practice it at least once. Like you said before: you'll do anything for August. Anything and everything. 

"Anything you ask, August!"

Augustine clutched his heart and bit his lip. His heart did a flip and he felt very stiff someplace he cares not to mention  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Yep, his heart is going to be so happy. Hopefully this will satisfy the beast inside.

1351 Words

Oof. I have no idea what happened while writing this. I'm a little tired.... 

thank you guys so much for reading and I love you so much! And Choko, I hope you liked this. I know how much you love the innuendos.

~Eva