Showflakes [Augustine Sycamore x Reader]

I want to be with you

❄️Someone wishes deeply and I feel the magic bring me to life. On this day, once in a year, with the magic of winter time. I turn into a real moving snowman❄️

STORYTIME!

Kalos is a gorgeous region full of serene meadows and gorgeous flowers, full of large trees and extravagant botany.  The climate is moderately warm snd everyone brags to the world at how the Kalos morning sunshine or the warm sunset Is the most beautiful view in the world. Being born in Snowpoint city way back in Sinnoh and living in Snowbelle city, the warmth of moving to   Lumiose City was really getting to you.

You stood in a plaza and it was a hot summer day. Children ran around in tank tops and short shorts, eating ice cream and playing around with water type Pokémon such as Froakie and Squirtle. Your partner Glaceon sat on the bench next to you, sharing the portable fan you both held to keep yourselves cool from the Summer heat. That's when you had an idea. Why hadn't you thought of this before? You turn to Glaceon, who was a bit slower witted than you. You didn't mind. You loved Glaceon. You grinned as you gave Glaceon an order.

"Glaceon, use Misty Terrain Please!"

Glaceon perked up and jumped of the bench elegantly. Apparently some of the people around had heard you. The kids stopped and exclaimed in awe and the entire floor became a light blue and mist began hovering over it, the temperature of the ground dropping. The air around began to use the scientific property of convection to regulate the air and drop it around ten adegrees. However, you both weren't done. There was still one last thing to do so that this summer cool down experience can be more enjoyable.

"Glaceon, Blizzard if you please!"

Glaceon summoned a small collection of a snowstorm, carefully pacing the snow so that it wouldn't fall all at once and hurt anybody. The scalding summer day dropped to around 75 or 80  degrees. It's still really warm to you, however you were trying to make sure the kids didn't freeze. If it wasn't up to you, Glaceon would have dropped the whole blizzard and dropped the air to maybe 40 degrees. Children cheered and began playing in the snow. Glaceon walked back up to your side. Someone behind you cleared their throat. You turned around to see who it was.

A tall man with stubble on his chin and black hair stretching down the sides of his face stood before you. His colbakt blue eyes shine under the sun, his pale features making the excitement and wonder dancing within stand out. He wore a carefree, lazy grin across his face. He wore a black tank top and jeans despite the summer heat. Behind him stood a tall Garchomp, intimidating as could be. He greeted you with the same nature as the facial expression you had just described.

"That was a nice thing you did for the children and Pokémon. My name's Augustine. Augustine Sycamore."

He held out his hand for you to shake as a traditional greeting. Sycamore... where had you heard that name before? You shook off whatever uncertainty rested within yourself and you toom his hand, shaking it firmly as a good first handshake ought to. Glaceon wandered off somehwere when the man began talking. No worries. She'd come back by your side sooner or later. You decided to introduce yourself right back at the man when he let your hand go.

"Thank you. My name is (name) (surname). It's a pleasure to meet you, Augustine."

You smiled at him, bowing slightly to show your respect. That's when you noticed the clouds from Glaceon's blizzard began to stretch. A snowflake landed on the bridge of your nose. You turned around and saw Glaceon dancing around with a bunch of kids and water type Pokémon, trying to catch all the snowflakes. She must be super excited and out of control with her ice type powers, huh? You shook your head, smiling as you watched snowflakes dance around like petals on their descent to the ground. You saw the man, just staring at you. Was Augustine alright?

"Is something wrong?"

Augustine flinched, as if you caught him off guard. Was this stranger okay? He didn't seem so. Maybe he was just an oddball. Oddball people are the most fun to be around, like your childhood friend Candice. He smiled an apologetic smile, allowing his lips to stretch further out horizontally than before. He closed his eyes and rubbed the back of his head for a second, as if trying to hide the embarassment by closing the windows to his soul. You listened carefully to whatever words of explanation he'd give you.

"Sorry for that. You just looked so beautiful when you smiled like that. Has anyone told you how beauitful your smile Is? Or how gorgeous you look in the snow?"

You didn't blush, you didn't give much of a reaction at all. You just looked at him like he was crazy. This stranger was complimenting you for seemingly no reason? How peculiar. He must be an oddball, just like Candice. You shook your head, remembering that what he said was a question and not a statement. Nobody has ever told you that before, and that's was a fact. He seemed on edge due to your lack of reaction. It was like he was waiting for something. Did he expect you to blush? To say something? You didn't know. You looked up, avoiding the awkward silence, and let the cold snow fall onto your face. 

You strayed away from the man and just began to dance in the snow, head tilted up so you can catch the frozen flecks of water in your cheeks and cool yourself down. As the time stretched long, the temperature dropped further and further. Based on what you were feeling, it was just about to drop below the 70s. Just the way you adore it. You found Glaceon back at your side, spinning along with you against the Misty Terrain. You were In your own little world, you couldn't hear anyone or see anyone. It was just you and the snow. You in the cold. Exactly as you love it. You wouldn't have it any other way.

However back in Augustine Sycamore's eyes, it was you who was the oddball. You were a bit spacey, a bit slow when talking, and acting as if nothing else matters except having fun. Augustine watched you dance in the snow and watched as kids left because it was getting too cold or it was time to go home. In a way, you are kind of like the snowflakes. Fluttering around before falling back into the ground only to start the cycle again. Augustine watched you curiously before making the final decision.

He wants to know you better. He's going to ask you on a date.

1166 Words

I decided to go with something that had a more calm tone to it. I'm home sick today and it suuuuuuuucks. Bleh. But it seems okay because I took DayQuil and I have nothing besides a headache and some other isssues. I'm fine. Feel free to give me more requests! I do have a right to say no, just FYI, so don't get mad if I say no to you. Sorry in advance!

~Eva