Let Go [Male!Rocket!Grunt x Reader]

Requested by ____LEXI____. I'm sorry I took so long. I have a fever and a mock strep throat. Ugh. I'm miserable but I'm going to try and make up for no oneshots yesterday. I'm the worst. Sorry.

STORYTIME

What's a good name for the male Team Rocket Grunt? Hmm? He looks hella straight or even a little bi if you squint your eyes. What's a hella straight guy name? Lukas. Lukas sounds hella straight. So our main man in this oneshot is named Lukas. Forget everything I said about him being hella straight. It was a ruse! Lukas is hella polysexual! You were fooled! There is no gender discrimination in this oneshot! Reader can be a guy, gal, or non-binary pal! Or genderfluid if that's you. We don't discriminate here on my profile. So now that we set Lukas out as a polysexual team Rocket Grunt, let's actually get to the story. That's why you're all here, Right?

So Lukas trudged his way back home, really melancholically. He dragged his feet to the door with his loyal partner Ratticate beside him. Since he was a child, his first Pokémon was a Rattata.  He loved that rattata like a brother, no matter how many people said to ditch it for a stronger Pokémon. Rattata was his best friend! He wouldn't ever give him up! He use drugs his key to unlock the door. Immediately, a Bunch Of Baby Rattata And Growlithe bombarded him at the front door. Lukas's frown became a laugh as the tiny level one Pokémon tackled him to the ground on his doorstep, a protective Arcanine and her trainer watching them. There were about three Growlithe and five Rattata. Eight small Pokémon. Lukas looked up from the little ambush to see you standing there, hands on your hips.

"So, How was work today?"

You knew about Team Rocket, but you couldn't hate him for it. He was forced into the group of Pokémon poachers by his parents, who also were members. Even after Giovanni left the organization he didn't want to quit. Team Rocket have them so much income for what he did it was impossible to leave and get a better job without a financial depression. Once more Lukas has lots of friends in Team Rocket he is sure he couldn't live without. You may be his loving and doting spouse but everyone needs more than just one person to lead a happy, fulfilling life. You don't mind that he has lots of other friends. It's an excuse to get out of the house. To get a better summary over what we just explained: Sure, you hate team Rocket and what they do. But without Team Rocket you wouldn't be able to live your lives how you are. You need Team Rocket. You watched Lukas sigh sadly, picking up the Pokémon in his chest and sitting up. That was not a good sign.

"Fired. They let me go because I wasn't "mean enough" and I refused to change our Raticate for another Pokemon, which was going to be an Arbok."

You crossed your Arms. On several occasions Lukas has told the admins he would do anything they asked of him instead of giving up on Raticate. If they don't want him because of such a stupid reason, Fine. Whatever. Arcanine noticed that you two need to take the time to discuss things. Arcanine barked out and called all the babies back inside, Raticate following the herd. You sat down in front of Lukas, who was in the Criss-cross applesauce position you learned from from kindergarten. You placed a hand in his knee comfortingly. He looked into your eyes

"Hey, that's alright. If they don't respect your one rule then they don't deserve you. Who cares about the income loss? We can find work elsewhere. Where people respect us. I can get a job at the daycare or as a Pokémon breeder. You can probably work at the pokemart or as one of the gym leaders' assistants. Everything will be okay."

Lukas didn't beleive it. He wanted to, but he couldn't. No one will want to employ him after being a Team Rocket memeber. Nobody wants a poacher as one of their staff. You could easily get a job anywhere, you're such a great person. Nice and kind towards Pokémon, it wouldn't be a stretch saying you could be a nurse like the Nurse Joys everywhere. Nurse (name)... it had a nice ring to it. But Lukas? No. He can't. Nobody will want him. He has a permemnant black mark of team Rocket on his wrist. But... he can't let you worry. He can't let you know his doubts. He doesn't want you to falter or get sad. You're the most precious thing in the world to him, even more that Raticate and his friends. He can't let you know that it's impossible for him to find work elsewhere.

"Yeah. Everything will be okay."

Lukas cheered along with you, knowing that it won't.

826 Words

Wow that was terrible I'm so sorry everyone for being a disappointment like always.

~Eva