Puzzles, Riddles, and Challenges [Ingo x Reader]

Haijin Law. I had to get two out while I had the time. I'm sorry.

STORYTIME.

You made it through the entire train with ease. You weren't really interested in all these battles. They were tedious and tiresome. What you wanted to do was meet the men behind this rather well designed system. You wanted to see their hand. Being a child born into the battling industry, you were curious to see what went through the minds of people like the Subway Masters of Unova's Haijin Railroad. It could mean a lot to the child of Blaine.

You walked into the final car with the pokeball belonging to your Ninetails ready in hand. You look up to see only one of the two foreshadowed twins daring to make a stand to oppose you. The other one was probably in the car behind him, conducting the train. The one you were opposing had a very serious look on his face and a black coat. He had a Chandelure floating ominously behind him, as if setting the tone for the very battle about to begin. But you weren't interested in a battle, not just yet. You let him say his introduction before you decide to intervene.

"My name is Ingo and I shall be your final opponent in the Singles Battle Subway."

He was about to order his Chandelure to take position, but you held up your hand. Clearly, Chandelure was a fire type. Being a successor to the Kanto Fire type gym, you were curious about that. Besides, you have so much to learn. Unova battle styles, why and how he set this place up, and a lot more. You quite enjoyed the battle Subway and it could make for some great puzzles to put inside the gym, the legacy of the hotheaded puzzle master to continue. Enough of your thoughts rambling to themselves. Time for the actual story to take place.

"Actually, postpone that. I'd much rather ask before I do, thank you very much. This whole subway system... how did you come up with it?"

You clearly confuszzled mister conductor over here, because he dropped his hand and Chendelure just froze. The seemingly fire/ghost dual type Pokémon started to float around inchalantly, figuring he has a break before everything. You watched the conductor raise an eyebrow.

"Excuse me?"

"The way you decided to make this whole subway system. Who came up with it? How? Justice battle after battle to wear down the weak and build the strong. Just add in a little catacombs to spice things up and you have yourself a puzzle. It's almost like a gym but different. Battles lining up, each opponent a little stronger than the last, to eventually to get to the strongest trainer out of them all. You. It's genius. In fact... a train in itself could be a good way to run the Cinnabar gym  once I take over...."

Ingo's point of view because why not? Ingo was just shocked. Firstly because of all the compliments of the system. He and Emmet dreamed of being conductors since they were small children playing with Thomas the Tank Engine on the wooden floors of their Mom's house. Then the fact you were the future gym leader of a place in Kanto was astounding. Why and how are you here? Kanto is extremely far away from Unova. Were you just looking for more puzzles to add into your gym layout? Let's see if he could remember. Cinnabar gym... Blaine's Fire Type Gym. Blaine: the hotheaded puzzlemaster. That would make sense. So you like fire types, hmm? Good to know for the battle that should come eventually. Chandelure's ability is flash fire so that should give him an advantage,

"A trainer of puzzles, aren't you? Do you also enjoy riddles? Emmer and I use them as a wat to pass the time. Perhaps you can have your helper trainers ask a riddle. If they get it wrong, they battle them with full force. If they guess right, the trainer gets a handicap. But to ensure no cheating, each trainer gets a new riddle each day."

Ingo proposed the idea, thinking of ways to spice things up as he went. He didn't know why he decided to go along with this halfway wayward challenger and their puzzles and riddles, but it was quite amusing. Brain teasers and anything of the sort have always been a favorite of his. Maybe he should relax from battling and loosen up a little bit? Casually talk and make friends with the the challenger before he blows them away with his strength in battle? No, not his strength. His team's strength. Also neither he or you realized a joltik in the corner with a camera strapped on, recording every moment so Emmet has blackmail later.

"New riddle each day? But a riddle is ahedly a puzzle. However riddles can make for good puzzles of an effort is taken. Each riddle could have a hint at an answer to an impossible question or doget on a lock. Once the riddles are solved and the lock Is broken, they get to challenge me! Brilliant idea Conductor!"

Ingo felt a smile on his face. A smile? He only really smiles around Emmet on a good day. You were making him smile just by rambling on and on about riddles and puzzles and the Cinnabar gym you don't even know yet? How peculiar. Wait a second, you haven't been calling him by his name at all  have you? We need to fix that.

"Ingo. My name is Ingo, not Conductor."

You nodded. She he did like to be called by his name. A very clever man. You wouldn't mind talking to him on hours on end! He seemed so smart. It felt different that just the endless riddles and hotheaded fun you'd have with Uncle Blaine. He seemed more mature, calm, and a much more domesticated kind of enjoyable company. Much more regal and elegant. Conductor Ingo. Had a nice ring to it, don't you agree? You wondered if he had any riddles on hand.

"Of course, Ingo. Could you crack a riddle at me?"

Ingo nodded. There's several good ones, or he could just be a prick and ask the classic "how is a raven like a writing desk" just to be a jerk. Wait, that's a good idea. Maybe after all the riddles for the puzzle you crack that same riddle and battle the challenger. If they lose, you say they must win to know. If they win, you simply say "Ask the hatter, for his head isn't quite as hot as my own." Alright that last line isn't the best. What was he supposed to be doing again? Ah, saying a good riddle. Alright, let's just go with this one.

"If you make me, you do not want me. If you buy me, you do not need me. If you need me, you will not know it. What am I?"

Okay! That's a good one! But Uncle Blaine told you this one long before you could even walk! It's a Coffin! You just give him a look that says really. You watch him laugh a little and shake his head.

"Alright, Alright. How about this one. I can be a Bird, Sand, and Even an Old Man. I can be a dial and no matter what you do, you can never have enough of me. What am I?"

There's a better riddle. You thought to yourself about their ine for a solid minute, I go watching you and trying not to smile. Even on his stoic face you could watch him hold it in. Let's break this down shall we? What is a bird, dial, sand, and old man that you can never have enough of? What are things you can never have enough of? Love? Water? Time. There we go! Time! Now, how can it be all of those things! Sun Dial, Hourglass, Cukoo Clock, And Grandfather Clock! It's perfect! You smirked once you concluded your answer Professor Layton style.

"It's time! You can never have enough time!"

Ingo nodded, chuckling a littlen bit. You pumped your first in the air victoriously. Meanwhike the joltik in the corner your probably forgot about, Reader, was returning back to Emmet in the first car. He watched the whole thing on moniter with two employees who were up there with him. He and the girl two his left high fived while the boy smiled, shook his head, and kept conducting the train.

"I ship it."

"Me too. Get some Niisan!"

1411 Words

When you're so pathetic you make a reference to yourself on th last line. I'm the worst I'm sorry.

~Eva