Cheren Used Substitute, it was Super Affective! [Cheren x Reader]

I reread and went over an old oneshot and decided "why the hell not?" So I'm going to redo it with some new flair. I'm sorry for lack of updates. I'm sorry in advance for my terrible writing.

STORYTIME

You stumble into the classroom with several papers piled up into your hands. As anyone who has played Pokémon BW2 knows, Cheren is the teacher at the Pokémon Trainer's School And is The town's gym leader. You and Cheren go way back. Back when you both were kids and traveling around Unova yourselves. You've never taught a class but when Cheren asked you to step in for a day or two, you were happy to oblige. Besides, testing days are the easiest for substitutes right?

So you set your papers on the table, students flooding Into the desks in front of you. The bell rang and you took a gaze around the classroom. Everyone must be around seven or eight years old based on their height. Too young to go on their journey and learning about how Pokemon works. Some might have a partner while others might not. It depends if their families want to be traditional or not. You smile to everyone and wait for it to be silent. As to be expected by Cheren's pupils, it didn't take a word for them to understand what you wanted. 

"Hey guys! My name is (Pronoun) (Last name)! I will be your stand in teacher while Mister Cheren is out. Don't worry, we've been best friends for like, ever! You can trust me!"

You turned to the whiteboard and flicked the top of the marker off, cstching it in your palm. You scribble your name on the board so it's eligable but still quickly. You cap the expo marker and turn to the class. All of them seem terribly confused. Did you do something wrong? Your smile fell, feeling bad. Wait, was thst not How introductions go? You're confused now. A little girl with brunette pigtails in a blue shirt raises her hand, you point to her. She waits and you pout to her again, signaling she can speak. She figures out that she has permission to speak now so Shen goes for it.

"Do you know how to run a classroom?"

Wow, this little girl put you on the spot. You walk over to your desk and pick up the He please Ackerman on top of the s tack of papers. The lesson plan on top of the test. You read over the test and figured it wouldn't take a while. Cheren even had independent reading time on the list so you thought you'd do a review game. You held up the lesson plan, making eye contact with the girl and smiling mareepishly.

"Actually I've never done this before, but Cher left me notes. Ha ha... Anyways I thought we could play a game before your test instead of independent reading time. Is that good with all of you?"

At first the entire class was skeptical of you. A teacher who doesn't know how to teach running there classroom? It's more likely than you may think. But then you said that magic little G word. Game. Everyone gasped and clapped and started talking to eachother. You rose an eyebrow. Does Cheren not play review games or do these kids really like plying review games? Either way, you'd take it. Cheren said the test was over type matchup s so you have a perfect game to play with the little rugrats. 

"Great! Now everyone's get in a circle and then I'll explain the game!"

The kids all jumped out of their chairs and scrambled to get out of their seats to form a circle around the room. The kids decided to hold hands which was adorable, but you didn't need them to hold hands. You took notice of a few pairs of kids who were blushing or holding onto someone extra right and remembered their clothing patterns. What? You needed something to do whole everyone was taking the test later! Oh, right. You need to explain the rules.

"Alright! So we're going to play a game! I will say a Pokémon type and the person standing to my right says a type that's super effective to that type! If you name it wrong type or say a type again you sit down in the center of the circle because you lost. The goal of the game is to complete the entire matchup without having anyone in the circle! Now... where should I fit in?"