|2|

Stifling a yawn, Anaya sat up on the bed and stretched her limbs before grabbing her phone to check the time

Stifling a yawn, Anaya sat up on the bed and stretched her limbs before grabbing her phone to check the time. A groan escaped her lips when her eyes landed on the date, and she knew her day wasn't going to end well.

She picked the undergarments, blue jeans, and red shirt that she had washed yesterday before going to work. She didn't have many clothes, only a handful being repeated daily. It didn't matter because one of the perks of working in the kitchen was that an apron always covered her outfit.

She sluggishly made her way to the common bathroom to find it occupied. With a frown, she settled on the couch and waited for her roommate to come out. This was another problem here, which was the reason she arrived late for work.

Megan finally walked out, clad in a bathrobe and her hair wrapped in a towel. She smiled brightly at Anaya and motioned for her to hurry up if she didn't want to lose her chance.

Anaya smiled back and rushed into the bathroom, locking the door behind her before any of her other roommates could push it open and throw her out. She undid the lid of the shampoo bottle and lathered up her hair with a dollop of it, massaging her scalp and length. To be honest, having long hair was not as great as it sounded, especially in the summer and the rainy seasons when hair went all frizzy and beyond manageable. She let the shampoo in her hair for a minute or two while she soaped her body, grimacing at the stretch marks on her outer thighs. It was barely visible, but she was acutely aware of it and that didn't sit well with her.

"Hurry up!" a familiar voice shouted.

She rinsed off the remnants of foam, then dried herself with the towel on the rack and slipped into her clothes, feeling a sense of relaxation and comfort. It quickly disappeared when the banging on the door began.

"Two minutes!" she shouted back.

She brushed her teeth and washed her face before pulling the door open. Diya and Laura greeted her in a frenzy, a spark of determination in their eyes as if preparing for war. Anaya blinked and watched them race into the washroom.

"I'll go first!" Diya shoved Laura out and shut the door in her face.

"Not again! I am supposed to go first according to our rules!" Laura knocked, leaning against the wooden frame with a scowl marring her soft features.

"Rules are meant to be broken!"

Anaya couldn't help but chuckle at their banter. "Will you guys ever stop?"

"We won't!" She heard their giggles. Shaking her head, she walked back into her room and brushed her hair, letting it flow down to her waist. She carried her bag and left for the restaurant.

"Anaya, wait!" Laura called behind her, halting her mid-steps. "We are going to the bar tonight. Wanna join?"

"Don't you go there every day?" She turned around and arched her eyebrow.