|22|

Anaya couldn't hold back the gasp when her eyes focused on the castle in front of her

Anaya couldn't hold back the gasp when her eyes focused on the castle in front of her. It was splendid, to say the least. She knew it was an ancient piece of work as the orange texture of the stone walls weren't so prominent anymore. Leaves and branches of wild trees had grown along with them, sticking out in all the directions. But the structure was carved with careful attention, a proof that whoever built the castle loved his community deeply, wanting the roof to always hold them all together.

"Why would you want to stay alone when you have something like this?"

"I'm not alone anymore. We have each other." Icarus smiled, tightening his hold around her waist. "Besides, I told you, it's crazy loud here." 

Anaya understood what he meant once they stepped into the threshold. Indeed, crazy loud. The chatter and laughter of people echoed throughout the castle and could be heard even when one tried hard not to. 

Icarus walked them through a well-lit corridor, which opened to reveal an enormous dining hall. She saw the people sitting across each other in their wooden chairs, possibly waiting for breakfast. 

At once, the noise halted and heads snapped in their direction. It was so sudden, Anaya stiffened and involuntarily stepped closer to Icarus.

"Mum, they are here!" A teenager shouted gleefully, bouncing out of her seat and towards them. She eyed Anaya before her face broke into a dazzling smile. "I'm Ivy, the alpha's sister. It's nice to finally meet you."

"Hello, Ivy!" Anaya beamed, starting to feel much better. "It's lovely meeting you too."

"Who does that sweet voice belong to?" A lady came rushing down the stairs, a young man and woman following behind closely, and Anaya felt her eyes widen at the sight of Immanuel. He looked exactly like her mate, same facial structure and build. She was sure she would not be able to tell them apart if they dressed similarly and stood side by side.

Fucking hell.

"Mum, Hazel, and Immanuel," Icarus murmured in her ear, stifling a laugh at her comical expression. Before she could process his words, the lady pulled her into a tight hug which Anaya didn't hesitate to return.

"You're as beautiful as Icarus described you to be." She stepped away and grinned at Icarus, giving him a thumbs up in approval.

Anaya blushed. "Thank you, Mrs. Vasilios. I'm glad to be here."

"Oh sweetie, call me Mom. We are a family now," she said, gently squeezing Anaya's hand. "C'mon, lunch is ready." 

Emotions swirled inside her and an unknown heaviness lifted off her heart as warmth covered her wholly. She tried to blink back the tears that pooled in her eyes but Icarus saw it all.

"Anaya..." He touched her shoulder, turning her around to face him. She shook her head and smiled just as a lone tear escaped her eye. 

'Tell her, you moron.'