|6|

The stranger was a mystery so far

The stranger was a mystery so far. The lady said he was a good man but that could just be a facade because no sane person would kidnap a helpless girl and lock her in an unknown place.

With a sigh, Anaya stood up from the bed and made her way to the closet. She had no interest in unpacking but she had to look convincing.

Her eyes widened and she knew she was openly gawking when she pulled the door open. It was huge, not only were there cabinets and racks for clothes but also shoes, hats and bags. And there were mirrors, large floor length mirrors with fluorescent lights, and a comfy leather couch.

She shook her head in disbelief and quickly piled up her clothes in one of the many cabinets, feeling slightly uneasy because it hardly took any space.

Having nothing else to do, she decided to look around the place. It was a good time to find an escape route. Her deal with him meant nothing to her. If she found a way to leave this place, him, she would do it in a heartbeat.

She was so lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice the two men standing outside her room until they blocked her path. She froze and looked up at them. "What?"

"Where are you going?"

"Just exploring this beautiful house?"

They both stared at her for some time before moving back to their designated place.

Swallowing the lump down her throat, she walked a few steps and turned around to see if they were following her but they weren't, much to her relief. However, the possibility of leaving this place seemed as good as nil when she found security guards allotted at each corner of the house.

Frowning, she walked down the stairs and a gasp escaped her lips at the beauty of the interior. The house was entirely white and glass, paintings of battlefield and wars hung on the walls around her.

“Excuse me, ma'am.” She turned around to find the same lady from earlier.

“Yes?”

“Sir is waiting for you in the dining hall.”

“What's your name?”

“Lisa.”

“Lisa, please call me Anaya. Ma'am is unnecessary.”

Lisa nodded but without any further exchange of words, she led Anaya to the dining hall. Her mouth gaped open when she saw the magnificent hall which resembled a five-star hotel. Okay, she was surely getting a heart attack today.

How rich is he?

Right on cue, her eyes met his as he stood up from his chair and approached her. The crisp black shirt and black slacks he wore hugged his sculpted body perfectly. He looked handsome in a way that had her heart racing.

She couldn't gauge her own reaction towards him. Her palms felt sweaty and her cheeks flushed when he smiled.

She tore her gaze away and glanced behind her for Lisa, but she was already gone.