|35|

"Goodness, I'm nervous," she said softly as they made their way through the narrow corridor

"Goodness, I'm nervous," she said softly as they made their way through the narrow corridor. The music grew louder and louder in sync with her heartbeat until the hall room came into view. Eyes veered in their direction, followed by pin-drop silence, and then everyone bowed in sync.

"Rise," Icarus commanded, his voice coming out deep, strong, and sexy. It sent a shiver down Anaya's spine. She had heard him speak umpteenth times, but nothing could beat the way it made her feel. A feather-like caress to her soul.

The werewolves straightened up, and Anaya found herself looking at them. They were all elegantly dressed for the event, standing close to each other. She wondered if she could fit with them. Not only was she new to the royal lifestyle, but she was also a human. Her conscience screamed at her to flee but then, Icarus tightened his hold around her waist and every concern melted away.

She tipped her head in their direction and smiled. They smiled back in response. That brought her relief, and she found herself relaxing a little more. 

Icarus steered her forward until she could see a few familiar faces. When she saw his Grandmother, she thought of the stone and how it hadn't worked. Her mouth itched to ask her about it but now was not the right time or place.

"You look beautiful, sweetie." Grandma hugged her, and she returned it with a smile. Having a family meant everything to her. She wouldn't trade the familiar comfort and warmth for anything. "Ready for your coronation ceremony?" 

"I don't think I'll ever be ready," she replied honestly. 

Icarus' mom stepped forward and wrapped her slender arms around Anaya, gazing at her with a tenderness only a mother would. "You need not worry at all. We are here for you." 

"That's it!" Immanuel interrupted, making his way towards her. The resemblance between him and Icarus dazed her once more. She looked behind him but couldn't see Ellie. "You want my brother to sin, don't you?" 

"Shut up, asshole." Icarus chuckled and whacked him on the head.

"Don't start here." Grandma scolded them before facing Anaya, affection seeping through her words. "Zarina and I are going to check the preparations. Lisa will fetch you in a while to get ready."

Anaya's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she watched their retreating figures. "I look ready, don't I?"

Icarus nodded, but he wasn't paying attention. His eyes were on Immanuel who was leaning against the pillar and typing on his phone, a megawatt smile on his face. Icarus could tell the reason behind it was none other than his mate. "How long are you planning to hide her?

He froze at the unexpected question. "Ellie is new to the concept of creatures. Anaya persuaded her to some extent, but she still needs time to absorb it. I am not going to push her, so you'll have to wait."

"Fine. But tell Mom and Dad about it as soon as possible." 

Before Immanuel could respond, Lisa appeared in front of them. She looked incredible in her blue gown, and for the first time, Anaya wondered about her mate and children. She had never asked Lisa about her past, but she knew it was a tragic one. Her eyes confessed it all every time they baked. "It's time, Luna. Please come with me."