|16|

Anaya's lips parted in anticipation, her eyes glazing heavily with profound lust as she leaned towards him

Anaya's lips parted in anticipation, her eyes glazing heavily with profound lust as she leaned towards him. Her fingers gripped the collar of his shirt, slowly gliding up to the curve of his neck. She didn't care if she was behaving wantonly, she was eager for a taste.

She could envision his hot mouth on hers, between her legs, while his hands caressed and stroked the ridges and valleys of her curves. The thought elicited a low moan from her and she didn't hesitate to brush her lips against his.

Sensing her motive in the form of sensual arousal, Icarus stiffened, panic settling inside him. He put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her away.

With a frown marring her features, she tried to near him again, but he stood up and backed out of her reach even before she could blink.

A pained whimper involuntarily escaped her lips as hurt clawed at her chest. Unshed tears filled her hazel orbs instantly as she whispered, quite brokenly. "You don't want me anymore."

Icarus stared at her silently, puzzled by her actions. It was only when he inhaled the air, he realized what was going on with his mate. The heatwave was arousing her. His face turned stoic, and he shook his head. "It's your heat cycle talking, Anaya. You don't want to regret this tomorrow."

"I won't." She held out her hand to him, her eyes pleading with him. "Just one kiss, Icarus."

"Anaya," he warned, his control slipping through his fingers at her honeyed voice. Oh, how much he wanted to kiss her from the very day he met her but now wasn't the time. She wasn't thinking straight, he knew. "Go to your room."

Her chin quivered, fists clenching and unclenching at her sides. She shot daggers at him and rushed out of his office as embarrassment and humiliation colored her cheeks, completely ignoring his pleas behind her.  She hadn't asked him to share his biggest secret or anything, she just wanted to kiss him, once. Was it too much to ask a guy who claimed to be her mate?

She halted when a giant body collided with her but before she could land on the floor, arms went around her waist and pulled her up. The whiff of spicy male cologne wafted up to her nostrils, and she felt her heartbeat speed up when her eyes met Nicholas' green ones. He sniffed the air and took a step back. She found herself taking a step forward, her fingers grazing his biceps as she stood on her toes to match his height.

"Kiss me."

A rage-filled growl reverberated behind her, but she was too consummated to give two cents. She wanted this, if not Icarus, then Nicholas. But her own thoughts made her flinch, a horrible feeling growing at the pit of her stomach, and she immediately moved away from him.

She saw relief flash in Nicholas' face and the feeling spiraled out and beyond until she felt disgusted with herself. "I'm sorry." With that said, she ran in the direction of her room.

Tears stung her eyes, trickling down her cheeks. She was puzzled by her own actions. She wasn't reckless, never needy, so what was wrong with her now was not known to her. The door burst open and Icarus walked in, his eyes flashing amber in rage. She looked away when guilt swept through her. She hadn't meant to.

He gripped her wrist and yanked her to his chest, sliding his arms around her waist in a comforting manner. She hadn't expected this. "I'm sorry," she repeated her words, her cries seizing as his hands ran up and down her spine.

"It's okay." He kissed the tip of her nose and she finally gathered the courage to look up at him. He had a faint smile on his face, but his eyes were switching between amber and brown. She knew he was upset with her.

"Forgive me, please?" She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. She pressed her face into the crook of his neck, intending to leave him only when he accepted her apology.

"Fuck, Anaya. I can't," He groaned and pulled away from her. The feel of her body cocooned in his, her ample breast squished against his chest was too much. He couldn't handle it without giving in to his needs which yearned for satisfaction.  Her sweet smell did nothing not to arouse him, and he knew she wouldn't be happy if she found out all the filthy things he wanted to do to her. He wanted her, but he also didn't want to taint her pure and innocent self when she was under the influence of heat. It would be no less than taking advantage of her.

"Y-you can't forgive m-me?" Pain cut through her slowly, first at the edges, then reaching out to the strings of her heart, overpowering her desire for him.

"Darling, no." He couldn't tell her the truth. She would think he was a monster when she clearly stated she didn't want to mate. He took a deep breath to calm his raging hormones. "There's nothing to forgive, you were out of your control."

She sighed and slumped down on the bed, wiping the perspiration off her forehead and neck. Icarus could see how much bothered she felt and that tugged at his heart. He closed the distance between them and cupped her cheeks, tracing her bottom lip with his thumb. "Did you take the medicine?"

"I broke the bottle," Anaya whispered, her voice laced with dejectedness.

Icarus nodded. "I'll ask Lisa to get another one." He lifted the sweater off her body, and she let out a relaxed breath when cool air brushed her skin.

He couldn't stop the low growl, pleased at the sight before him. She was perfect, so fucking perfect for him. He could imagine holding her against him, her curves fitting against his hands rightly. He snapped out of his thoughts when she began to kick off her sweats.

Fuck.

"Icarus." She breathed and trailed her hands up his chest, her fingers itching to undo the buttons of his shirt. Just as she tried so, he stopped her.

"We are friends, remember?" He was spewing bullshit, the idea ridiculous to his ears. He had found it amusing when she had wanted them to be friends, but now he had to use it to get some sense into her.

"Forget it, and come here."

"Y'know what?" He held her shoulder and pushed her in the direction of the bathroom, locking the door from outside. "Take a cold shower."

She scowled at the wall ahead of her, then forced herself to stand beneath the shower. But instead of soothing her flesh, the freezing water heightened every sensation to another degree. Her nerves coiled and bound inside her, heat coursing through her veins and hitting her core. A gush of moisture pooled between her legs, and she felt her stomach roll in tension and excitement at the strange feeling bubbling within her.

Hearing loud moans and pants, Icarus froze. He let out a frustrated grunt and dashed into the bathroom. There she was, naked as the day she was born, freely pleasuring herself. His eyes took in the water dripping body, the way her back arched when she pinched her nipples, sliding her hand down her navel but before she could go south, he gripped her wrist and wound it behind her back.

Her eyes shot open, annoyance clear on her face when she realized she was being deprived of the relief she so desperately needed. "What the—"

He growled and pulled her into his arms, tucking his face against her neck. Her scent weakened his thoughts, causing him to let go of his inhibitions. His mouth latched onto her skin and she shivered, surprise and palpable pleasure shooting through her. She slid her arms around his neck and settled into his chest with a satisfied sigh escaping her lips.

Minutes later, he pulled back rhis fingers in her hair, tilting her face towards his. "Only I'm allowed to please you."

How far will things go between them? Do you think Icarus will finally succumb to her? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section!