|15|

She woke up with a start, breathing heavily

She woke up with a start, breathing heavily. Her heart pounded so loudly in her chest, even the dead must have risen from its coffin. She threw the blanket off her and rolled out of the bed, rushing straight to the bathroom for a much-needed shower despite the ache in her limbs.

The person that stared back at her in the mirror made her recoil in horror. Her face looked unusually pale, almost white, dark bags covering her eyes and she was drenched from head to toe, her clothes clinging to her body like a second skin.

Yesterday had been horrible, first the unexpected torment and finally, when she was able to knock everything off and fall asleep, she was startled awake.

She thought it was a werewolf patrolling the grounds but the deep, guttural growl, followed by the blood-curdling hiss told her otherwise.

She couldn't recuperate from the feeling that something ominous was there, lurking in the dark, hiding.

Chills ran down her spine and she pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind just as the cold water streamed out of the showerhead, drowning her in it, caressing her ever so gently.

She wanted to focus on something else, on the positive aspects of her life but there was none. Her life had been turned upside down, leaving her with the old memories which now had become painful. She missed her roommates, the mornings they bantered outside the bathroom, the nights they watched Netflix and ate cold pizzas, and even the mundane things they did together. She could never forget the last night with them in the bar, she had so much fun for the first time.

Tears burned her eyes and she let them rain down her face with the water. By the time she was done, she was clean as new, her skin pink and pruned.

With a shaky hand, she turned off the faucet and went for the towel, only to come in contact with thin air. Realizing she hadn't brought one, she stepped out of the bathroom and made her way into the closet, leaving a trail of wet footprints and puddles behind her on the carpeted floor.

She was surprised to find new clothes and she knew they were for her from Icarus but when and how he managed to get them here was beyond her.

A small smile graced her lips as she grabbed the newest pink sweater and black sweatpants along with her matching undergarments, pulling them over her quickly.

"Luna?" Lisa's voice rang through the closet door. Anaya had repeatedly asked Lisa to call her by her name but she was always hesitant and recently she had started using a strange title to address her. It did make Anaya uncomfortable but she might as well get acquainted with it, more so now that she was a part of the werewolf clan.

"Yes, wait a sec." She ran a comb through her wet hair and rushed out. Lisa had made her bed in her absence, how sweet.

"Drink 15 drops of this syrup with water three times today, it will help with the heat." Lisa handed her the tray of food with a huge bottle.