|17|

"Well then, fuck me

"Well then, fuck me."

The seductive whisper against his ear sent a shiver down his spine. He let out a grunt and disentangled himself from her, instantly longing for her warmth. His eyes narrowed at her sly smile, and he shook his head in exasperation when she tugged at the buttons of his shirt. She was going to be the death of him.

"Not today." Her heat may be strong, but he was stronger. He stepped out of her reach and made his way to the bathtub, filling it to the brim with cold water. "And I stopped you because it wouldn't have helped. Heat is a call for mating."

"Then what should I do?"

He motioned for her to get into the tub, but she protested by running out of the bathroom.

"Anaya, come back!" he yelled, but when she didn't respond, he went into the room, dragged her in, and dumped her into the water.

She yelped and faced him with a glare. "You didn't!"

"It's for your benefit." He pushed the stray tendrils of her hair behind her ear and gathered them all to form a messy bun atop her head. The gesture wilted her heart, and she couldn't help herself from looking up at him, into his gorgeous brown eyes. He stared back at her, memorising the way the hues of green and blue in her eyes danced together. She was absolutely mesmerizing. "I'll get the medicine and food. Stay here."

All she could do was nod wordlessly as she watched him disappear behind the door. Having left alone, her thoughts again clouded with desire for him, and she felt a sweet arousal brew within her. Heat enveloped her wholly, spreading through every nerve endings inside her body and no matter how much she tried, she couldn't redirect her focus on anything else but Icarus. She wanted him buried inside her, their flesh pressed against each other.

With a shaky breath, she leaned back against the edge of the tub. She needed to relax. Closing her eyes, she forced every thought to shut down, wishing to sleep for a while in the arms of the cool water. But within minutes, the water heated up to a degree that had Anaya scream and bolt out of the bathtub at the pace of lightning.

Her head felt dizzy, and she blinked back the tears, staggering towards the door. "Icarus?" It was difficult to breathe with her throat and chest burning. In fact, every inch of her body felt like it was on fire.

He came rushing inside, his eyes going wide. "Shit, I'm so sorry." If he knew the water would boil from her temperature and scald her skin, he wouldn't have forced her to bathe.

Her feet left the ground as he carefully picked her up in his arms and carried her to the bed. She glared at him, a hiss of agony wrenching out of her lips when the satin sheets rubbed against her wounds.