|5|

When he stared at her expectantly, waiting for some sort of response, she didn't know what to say

When he stared at her expectantly, waiting for some sort of response, she didn't know what to say. Her heart thumped erratically against her chest and she felt trapped under his hawk-like gaze, the intensity in them unnerving her.

"I have a boyfriend," she blurted out in panic.

"What did you say?" It sounded more like a growl and when her eyes met his, she took a step back in disbelief, amazement, and fear. It looked like they were on fire- amber flames spiralling in them, the chocolate brown barely visible.

"Your eyes..." she whispered more to herself, shaking her head to see if she was imagining it all.

He cursed under his breath and looked away before facing her again. This time his eyes were the familiar chocolate brown but they weren't warm. She flinched and moved her gaze to the floor to avoid the tears that were threatening to spill.

"Listen here, darling. I don't care if you had a boyfriend." He pushed her against the wall, and when she tried to escape, he grabbed her wrists, pinning them on either sides of her face. She felt the softness of her curves mold to the hardness of his body. His teeth grazed her earlobe, causing havoc in her stomach and she shuddered involuntarily. "You're mine, only mine. I'm going to be the only hand you need to hold, the only lips you ever kiss, the only arms you wish to be in, and the only soul you want to make love to."

His words did something to her but she couldn't quite decipher the meaning. Her heart and mind felt conflicted.

"Do you understand?"

Her breath hitched in her throat, and she gulped audibly, feeling the hot tears freely roll down her cheeks. "Let me go home, please?"

His face softened, and she wanted to melt in his arms when he wiped her tears with the pad of his thumb but she couldn't.

He was not only her kidnapper but he was also different from her, his amber eyes were a dead giveaway.

"To your boyfriend?"

She nodded shakily.

He trailed his thumb down her cheeks, tracing her bottom lip. "Ask me something else, I'll grant you but I can't let you go."

"No, that's the only thing I want." She pushed him away, rather harshly, and he stumbled back, caught off guard.

"Yeah? So where was this boyfriend of yours when you were roaming the streets with a suitcase?" He settled on the bed and cocked a perfectly arched brow in her direction, a chuckle escaping his lips.

"I-I...Well, I was going to his house when y-you jumped out of nowhere like a-a freaking monkey and kidnapped me!"

"Forget your boyfriend. You are mine and you are not leaving this place ever."

"You can't do this to me. I'll call the police."

"Go ahead if you have a phone." He smirked.

Anaya was fuming now, all traces of fear gone. She didn't know where her phone was. He probably took it from her belongings so that she wouldn't be able to contact anyone. She marched towards him, her hands itching to slap the smirk off his face but just as she raised it in the air, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her down. She squeaked, her eyes widening in horror as she landed on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.