|60|

Anaya stood by the window; her gaze fixated on the moon

Anaya stood by the window; her gaze fixated on the moon. Her thoughts drifted towards Icarus. He was like a ray of light that chased away the darkness within her. When they first met, they were strangers, leading separate lives in different worlds. But there was something familiar about him, similar to a place she had never been but had also never left. The more they talked and got to know each other, the more she felt like they had shared a lifetime of memories, and perhaps even beyond. And when they spent time together and love blossomed between them, she felt like she'd finally found her home.

But she'd been avoiding him since the talk in the cinema room five days ago. Every time he saw her, he insisted on the same thing, not understanding how much it hurt her. She was utilizing the time alone to train hard. Now that Casey wasn't around to help her, she had to save Icarus herself. As long as she could get the beast's blood, everything would be fine.

She wiped away her tears with the back of her hands and let out a deep exhale. Her heartbeat quickened with every step she took in the direction of his office. As she knocked on the door, she silently hoped that he wouldn't answer.

"Come in," Icarus replied in an instant, as if he'd been waiting for her.

She turned the doorknob and entered the room to find him near the window, staring at the moon. Its otherworldly glow was the only source of light in the otherwise dark space. A bittersweet smile curled on her lips as she walked towards him.

He reached out and wrapped his arms around her waist, finding solace in her presence. The restlessness in his heart subdued as he breathed in her familiar scent.

She met his searching gaze before resting her face against his shoulder. "I've made up my mind."

His grip around her tightened, holding her impossibly closer. "Tonight?"

She nodded in silent agreement, knowing she'd break down if she uttered another word. He pulled back and cradled her face between his hands, memorizing the details of her face. If the existence of next life was true, he wanted to be her mate again. Her eyes fluttered shut just as his mouth descended over hers. She couldn't help but surrender to the electric sensation that pulsed between them. Her fingers instinctively threaded through his hair as she melted against him, seeking a deeper union.

"Are you scared?" he asked, his breath warm as he nibbled on her bottom lip.

With much reluctance, she broke apart, her chest heaving up and down as she stared at him. "Are you not?"

He lowered his hands to her thighs and scooped her into his arms. She clung to him as he carried her to their bedroom, gently lowering her on the mattress. Their gazes locked as he hovered over her. Unable to resist any longer, she reached out and began to unbutton his shirt, her hands trembling with urgency. The fabric slipped through her fingertips, exposing his bare skin.

"Don't stop now," she whispered, the words like a siren's call that fueled his desire.

In no time, he got rid of her clothes, leaving her exposed under him. Even though he'd seen her a hundred times, he couldn't get enough of her. He couldn't stop himself from exploring every inch of her, leaving wet trails wherever he kissed. If she felt hot before, she was burning now, ready to feel him inside her.