|26|

Anaya watched Icarus quietly, feeling her nerve endings twist and turn at his unperturbed expression

Anaya watched Icarus quietly, feeling her nerve endings twist and turn at his unperturbed expression. The waitress had long arrived with their food and placed it in front of them. They didn't have to order since the diner was Icarus' go-to place and it was well known what the Alpha King wanted for breakfast. That miffed Anaya but one glance at the tray and her mood elevated, a smile forming on her lips. All her favorites were arranged neatly on a large tray and she felt her mouth salivate from the delicious aroma. But there was one problem, she wasn't hungry anymore, not with the way Icarus stared at her, and that's what he'd been doing for the past ten minutes.

It looked as if he desired to eat her and not the chocolate waffles.

"Stop," she croaked, squirming in her seat. At least let the girl drink her coffee in peace.

Icarus blinked, shaking his head slightly. Anaya's words had created a very sexy image in his head. They were in the bedroom and Anaya was splayed on the mattress on all fours, naked and dripping for him. He didn't know what changed her mind, but he wasn't going to question her as long as she was ready.

"Are you sure?" he asked softly, trying to keep the emotions off his voice. He couldn't wait to mark her so that she could be his forever.

"Yeah, I thought long and hard. I'm finally ready to take up my responsibility as Luna."

Icarus was puzzled for a split second as he wrapped his head around her words. He tried to not let his disappointment show when it finally registered. He had to be an idiot to let his thoughts wander in that direction but being a werewolf, where others marked and bonded within a day, he'd been waiting for more than a month. He swallowed. "That's great, Anaya."

She sensed the sigh in his voice and that made her wonder if he wasn't happy about her decision. "Do you not-"

"No, that's not it. I'm happy." He placed his hand over hers on the table and smiled. He was indeed happy. Nothing could deter the fact that she was willing to rule by side. "When do you want to start?"

Anaya was silent for a moment while she picked a strawberry from the tray. "Um, what about today?"

He took a sip of his coffee, his smile widening behind the mug. "Of course. We will start with the basics as soon as we get back."

She nodded eagerly and dug into her waffles. Her lips tugged into a Cheshire grin when she noticed the chocolate syrup smeared on the corner of his mouth. She leaned forward and wiped it off with her thumb, catching him off guard.

"Ah, thanks." 

Once they were done, he placed some notes on the table and walked her out of the diner. The warriors stood up and followed closely, waiting for Icarus' order who motioned for them to step inside their respective cars. Anaya found the time alone to voice out another thought that had been nagging her for a while. She knew Icarus wouldn't agree but she had to try.