|18|

It was early morning, the sun had just emerged in all its glory, shrouding the sky and everything under it in a vibrant orange glow

It was early morning, the sun had just emerged in all its glory, shrouding the sky and everything under it in a vibrant orange glow. Anaya felt its warmth cocoon her senses, slowly pulling her out of the deep slumber she had fallen in. Just as her eyes fluttered open, she became more aware of her surroundings. She was indeed in her room but she wasn't alone. There was a body wrapped around hers in a vice grip, and she could feel every inch of his flesh, making her gasp in surprise.

Icarus, who had been gingerly running his hands up and down her spine, paused and opened his eyes, concern etched on his features, for she looked all flustered and red.

"What's wrong?" His hand came up to her forehead and neck, checking her temperature, but the heat was already gone.

"Nothing." She avoided his eyes by lowering her face to his chest, embarrassment chewing her when she recalled everything. She would never be able to face him or Nicholas for how she behaved in front of them, so she wished the earth to crack open and swallow her.

Sensing the change in her, Icarus tipped her face up and pressed his lips to her forehead before pulling her closer. "It's okay, darling. Your behavior during heat wasn't unnatural."

She nodded and closed her eyes, forcing the shame down. "I'm hungry."

"Wouldn't you be? You didn't eat anything yesterday." He frowned in worry, tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear before moving away slightly to grab his phone from the nightstand. Anaya felt his erection stir between her inner thighs and she froze momentarily, panic and thrill rising within her.

He froze too, then a smirk formed on his lips, his eyes glinting with mischief and lust as he stared at her. "Prepare breakfast for us. We will be down in some time." He hung up and threw his phone away.

Anaya gulped, her breath turning shallower when she realised the situation she was in. His hands skimmed down her sides and her lower belly clenched when he squeezed her bottom.  "So, now that you are fine, how about I give you what you wanted from me?"

"What is t-that?" she squeaked, squirming under his heated gaze and touch.

"Fuck me," he spoke softly in her ear, his teeth grazing her earlobe. Tremors racked down her body in response and she let out a strangled breath. With it, her arousal rose again and she clamped her thighs together, only to house him even more intimately.

Jesus...She recalled waking up at the crack of dawn, wanting, needing to touch him. A desire she was unfamiliar with had blinded her and the next thing she knew, she had freed him from his boxer briefs. Seeing how beautiful and big he was, she wanted nothing more than him buried inside her. But nothing had happened because he woke up and silently made his way to the bathroom. She had heard the shower running and somehow she must have fallen asleep because she couldn't remember anything after that.

"Ready?" he prompted, and she vehemently shook her head, scrambling to her feet and moving away from him. Now that he said the same, exact words, she was afraid. She wasn't ready and she knew he had been right. She was grateful, for he put her above his needs, and didn't do anything she would regret today.

Icarus chuckled and rolled out of the bed, stretching his arms above his head. Anaya blinked, her eyes widening in bewilderment but she couldn't take her eyes off him. His body was well, fascinating, so perfectly built with muscles in the right places. He arched his brows at her awed expression and shook his head with a small laugh until his own gaze drifted down her body. Her smooth, milky skin called to him and he didn't waste a second before closing the distance between them and pushing her against the wall. His hands gripped her hips, gliding up her tiny waist to cup her breasts. Her heartbeat quickened when he toyed with her nipples between his thumb and forefinger.

She let out a moan but stopped short, feeling mortified at her reaction. She wasn't in heat right now but she was melting again, putty in his hands. "Please."

"Too much?" He looked into her eyes and the innocence in them made his heart stagger. He let his hands fall to his sides as he stepped back. He picked her hoodie from the floor, pulling it down her head. She slipped her arms into it, a sigh of relief escaping her lips.

"I'll leave—"

She cut him off by hugging him. "Thank you for taking care of me," she whispered hoarsely and pulled back to kiss his cheek. When she met his eyes, something had shifted within her. She felt a sense of gratitude for the man who respected her. "I need to shower."

He smiled at her retreating figure as she rushed into the bathroom. He slid on his clothes and left, needing a shower himself. As he walked towards his room, paying no heed to the guards who bowed at him, he realized how lucky he was to have finally found his mate. His perfect match. There were times when his heart ached due to loneliness no matter how many people surrounded him but now, most days, his heart felt content and revived.

With a sigh, he stepped into the bathroom and ran the shower. The cold water soothed him to no end and in no time, he was out and ready. He saw his mate go downstairs and he caught up to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She looked extremely adorable in her sweatpants and sweater, compelling him to stop her and press a kiss to the tip of her nose.

She smiled shyly and turned away from him as they walked to the dining hall side by side. "Um, uh, aren't you cold?"

"Werewolf genetics."

"Right." She eyed him from head to toe, secretly admiring the way he looked in his fitted blue jeans and a black T-shirt. "Will it snow the entire year?"

"No, summer will begin in a few weeks, with occasional rainfall."

"That's good. I like summer."

He grunted. "Trust me, summer is unbearable here."

"So is winter." She spotted Nicholas standing a few meters away and she paced toward him. "I'm so sorry for yesterday. Please don't hate me."

"It's all good, Luna. Don't worry." He smiled at her and the remaining tension she had vanished away.

They sat in their usual chairs and Anaya's gaze immediately landed on the breakfast table. Her stomach growled and she turned crimson when Icarus chuckled lightly. Lisa served their plates and they dived into it, after which Icarus and Nicholas went ahead for a meeting, leaving Anaya to boredom. She frowned and was about to ask Icarus if she could go with him when he turned around and walked back to her.

"You can check the library if you want."

"Really?" Her eyes lit up.

He nodded and gestured for her to walk with him. She remembered him telling her it was beside his office and to her surprise, the library was two doors away from his room. She wondered aloud what there was on the upper floor.

"Just gym, theatre room, game room, art studio, and swimming pool."

"You like to paint?"

"Very much so." He grinned. "I could paint you naked sometime."

Blushing, she shook her head, pushing the door open to walk in but not before receiving a wink from him.

Damn him.