|19|

Anaya didn't know if paradise existed but if it did, then she was sure that it looked exactly like this

Anaya didn't know if paradise existed but if it did, then she was sure that it looked exactly like this. The inner peace she found just standing there couldn't amount to anything. It was better than she'd imagined the place to be.

Her eyes hastily danced around the room, widening in sheer amazement and all she could do was smile giddily like a kid on Christmas. She wanted to build a home right there, that is how much she loved the rosewood bookshelves filled to the brim with books, covering every nook and corner of the room, coupled with a matching hand carved couch and table. Mosaic lanterns hung from the ceiling and metal sculptures adorned the left spaces.

Hesitantly she walked through different sections, running her fingers along the covers of neatly piled books and acknowledging the smell of old pages. She rummaged about for a while, wanting to read too many books at a time but knowing it was impossible, she settled for "Werewolf Facts 101". Icarus had already given her information about his kind but that did nothing to subdue her hunger for more. She carried the thick book to the table and plopped down on the couch. She skimmed the content page and decided to go through only a few topics. Her finger hovered over the sentences as she read with careful attention. 

"In the 9th century, after the uncalled and sudden attack from the vampires, a mass meeting was held. They required a system to protect them. That's when the Vasilios came into power and the founder was Solomon Vasilios. He adopted a big title like Alpha and shared his power with his two brothers, Tobias and Thomas who became his Beta and Gamma. They provided security against potential harm for many years until the death of the Alpha. 

His 1st born rose to power, the 1st queen of werewolves, Meredith Vasilios. She ruled alongside Tobias and Thomas. Prideful and strong, she rejected her mate for her secret lover who was said to be a god."

How could the woman leave her soulmate? Anaya thought as she stared at the black and white picture of Meredith. Shaking her head, she continued. 

"Vasilios' have been ruling for centuries over 10000 packs. The number had dwindled to 8462 packs after another attack from unidentified creatures but has been constant to 9580 in recent years.

Packs are located in Alaska, Wyoming, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Dublin, Washington DC, Jakarta, Bhutan, India, Norway and Russia.

The most powerful and renowned pack has been Imperial Royale situated in the Meghaba forest of Wyoming. Under it, which have been going strong are Bluemoon pack, Misthaven pack, Newtown pack, Howlers pack, Scarlet Blood pack and Frost Bite pack.

Werewolves aren't your common wolves and thus, cannot be easily defeated unless they are treated with silver metal and wolfsbane.

Some werewolves are loners. They are called rogues, who have left or been banished from their packs. They can become mindless and feral after being away from companionship for too long. As such, they cannot control themselves and are driven by a lust to kill and destroy."