|4|

Her eyelids fluttered for a moment before they opened to reveal her hazel orbs

Her eyelids fluttered for a moment before they opened to reveal her hazel orbs. She felt like a truck had run over her at the amount of exhaustion in her limbs. Her head was pounding, and when she tried to sit up, her stomach churned violently and she got the sudden urge to throw up.

Pushing herself out of bed, she rushed to the other door inside the room and flung it open. She emptied the contents in her stomach and flushed the toilet, feeling sick from the dry, acidic taste in her mouth. Clutching her head, she walked to the washbasin and rinsed her mouth with the cold water. When her eyes landed on her reflection, she couldn't hold back the gasp. Her curls were tangled, looking like a bird's nest and her makeup was smudged, particularly the black around her eyes made her flinch.

Frowning, she looked down at the dress she was wearing and her eyes widened in panic as realization hit her like a bucket of cold water. She froze in her place, her eyes frantically dancing around the unfamiliar bathroom. And just like that, the events from last night flashed through her mind. She remembered her scandalous behavior, which led to Rita throwing her out of the flat and some stranger kidnapping her.

Her heart ached at the thought.

She walked back into the room. The luxury that met her eyes halted her steps, and she wasn't sure about anything. The room was absolutely stunning, with deep blue and grey walls. In fact, now that she noticed, almost everything here was in blue and grey tones, but she didn't get to admire it further as she heard footsteps approaching the door.

Fear rose within her, forcing her to run in circles to find an escape route but there was none except that one door. Her heartbeat accelerated and having no choice, she jumped into the bed and pulled the blanket over her head. She didn't know if she could pull off the act but she pretended to be asleep.

A 'click' sound went off as the door opened and she could feel another presence in the room. The bed dipped and the blanket slid down to reveal her face, then something cool was placed on her cheeks.

The kidnapper was wiping the makeup off her face. Why would he be so thoughtful?

One thing she knew was that she didn't want to look at him. He probably was some hefty man, his face a crisscross of scars and teeth yellow with a creepy smile.

Oh, God! What have I gotten myself into?

"I know you are awake." Busted. She held her breath and clenched her eyes shut, hoping he'd leave but instead he caressed her cheeks, sending jolts of shock through her body.

"I'm sorry."

All she heard was honesty in his voice, which took her by surprise. What was he apologizing for? Because, as far as she knew, no captor ever regretted his decision after capturing someone.

She mentally rolled her eyes at his act.

"Here are some clothes. You can take a shower. I'll bring breakfast in some time."

He is going to come back?

Once she was sure of his absence, she ran towards the door and locked it. She saw the pile of clothes on the bed and a sigh escaped her lips. Finally, something comfortable to wear. She grabbed the undergarments along with the sweatpants and shirt he'd left and everything looked exactly her size and that creeped her out. How did he know?

She walked to the bathroom and shut the door behind her. Rummaging around, she got hold of the soap and a shampoo bottle. As she showered, she couldn't help but think this thoroughly. If she was indeed kidnapped, why wasn't she tied and hidden in a dark room? Her eyebrows knitted in confusion and she turned off the faucet. She towel-dried herself and slipped into the clothes before walking out and sitting on the bed. She needed answers.

This time when she heard the handle twist and turn, she nodded to herself, and with a determined look, she walked to the door and pulled it open despite her fear. She had to face him if she wanted to escape early. But all her resolve broke when she saw him.

No way...

She had to do a double-take because he couldn't be the kidnapper, could he? She had worked in the restaurant for seven years and though her dating life was non-existent, she had seen men come and go, but this man, right here, by far, was the finest of all. His face was a symmetry of flawlessness. Straight nose, high cheekbones, square-cut jawline, and full lips that must have been carved by God with all the time in the world accentuated his golden skin.

Her mouth opened and closed to tell him off but not a single coherent word made it past her lips.

He smiled, a charming smile that had her heart swooning in response. "How do you feel?"

But thankfully, his voice snapped her out of her wayward thoughts, and she forced herself to look away. I can't let him cast any spell on me.

"Uh, are you alright?" He touched her shoulder lightly to get her attention.

She took a step back, not bothering to respond.

Handsome or not, the man was her kidnapper for crying out loud. He shouldn't expect sugar and rainbows from her.

He nodded slowly to himself, his dark brown eyes searching hers for a moment before he strode in and placed the tray on the bed. "You should eat."

She scoffed. "Who knows what poison it has."

A look of hurt crossed his features, but he masked it quickly and took a bite of the sandwich he had brought. "Happy?"

She eyed him with skepticism but when he stood there without going unconscious or anything, she reluctantly took the tray. He made her sit on the chair in front of the mirror and pulled out a hairdryer. She stopped mid-chew and blinked at him.

"What's going on?"

"I don't want you to catch a cold." He combed his fingers through her hair while she sipped her tea, staring at him through the mirror. He was the epitome of gorgeousness.

Ugh!

"Why did you kidnap me?"

"I couldn't leave you on the streets."

"You go around and kidnap homeless people?" she asked him incredulously. When he didn't answer, she stood up and turned around to face him. "Tell me!"

He let out a breath and grasped her hips, pulling her closer to his chest. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and pressed his lips to the corner of her mouth. "Only you, darling."

She wiggled out of his grip and stepped back, breathless and bothered by his touch. "Why me?"

"Because you are mine." He took a step forward.

The strange sensations returned at his words and she let out a frustrated groan. "You have said this before, but I don't understand. I don't even know you, so how am I yours?"

"That should not be a problem. We have eternity to know each other."

Please don't forget to vote and comment! ♥️