Jealousy

*Bills PoV*

I brush some hair behind Dippers ear as he sleeps.

A smile tugs at my lips when his nose scrunches up and he moves closer to me.

Maybe he's cold.

I think to myself and bring the blanket up so it covers his shoulders, I wrap my arm around his waist, resting my chin on his head.

A sudden knock on the door makes me sigh out of slight frustration.

I move away from Dipper a little and he gives a whine that drags out a little, all it does is make me chuckle.

But I lean down and kiss his forehead softly.

"I'll be a second." I whisper, hoping he's at least awake enough to give me an answer.

He gives me a tired nod and turns away from me, so I crawl out of the bed and tiptoe to the door, opening the door a little to peek out.

It's Shooting Star.

"What is it?" My accent thickens to make it sound like I just woke up.

"It's dinner time, are you guys seriously sleeping right now?" Shooting Star asks, a look of disbelief on her face.

"Yes, we are sleeping right now." I say opening the door a little bit more. "But what's for dinner?" I ask.

"Liver, mashed potatoes, cream corn and peas." Mabel shrugs, looking passed my shoulder over to Dipper.

"Kay, we'll be down when he's fully awake." I mumble, shoving her out.

After closing the door on her I turn back to Pine Tree, going over and sitting down beside him.

"Pine Tree." I whisper, shaking his shoulder, not too hard though.

He tends to get grumpy easily.

"Hmmm?" He hums out, his head turning in my direction but his eyes not yet open.

"Lets go have dinner, it's ready." I say quietly, my arms wrapping around his waist to sit him up.

"Okay..." He whispers, rubbing his eyes with both hands.

"Do you want me to carry you again?" I chuckle, my hands running up and down his arms, trying to comfort him yet wake him up.

"Can I get a piggyback ride this time?" He asks, sounding a little excited.

"Why not?" I laugh, standing up and turning around so that he may jump on my back.

Unexpectedly he takes a big jump that causes me to stumble forward from the impact.

"Jesus Christ, kid!" Dipper giggles into my ear and nuzzles into me.

"C'mon, Bill! I'm hungry!" The boy whines, I start making my way out and dash down the stairs, Dipper let's out a yelp by my ear.

I ignore it and keep running until I get to the kitchen, by then I screech to a stop.

"Bill!! Don't do that again, you could have killed me!" Dipper fumes, I can only laugh at his reaction.

"I'm sorry, but your reactions are priceless." I cackle, almost...almost dropping him.

My eyes land on that red head sitting at the table, what's he doing here?

"What the hell? I don't remember anybody saying anything about him staying over..." Dipper whispers into my ear.

"I know, Mabel probably said something about it but we didn't listen." I whisper back as we both stare at him.