20 - Jisung

🌙

I sat in a cafe with Hyunjin, talking about everything and everyone. He leaned over the table, slightly as he wrapped both of his hands around the cup of warm coffee, like he was warming his hands. I took a sip out of my own and licked the cream off my lips.

"So, how's things going with Jisung?" Hyunjin said with a large smirk plastered across his face. I smiled and giggled at his sudden question.

"It's going amazing. Personally, I don't think we've ever been better. We can talk about anything and...I feel like I can trust him with my life. If you know what I mean?" I asked and stared off into the distance, thinking of how well Jisung and I had it together. How much fun we had, and how many vulnerable moments we had shared, poured emotions onto the table, confessing everything going on inside our heads. I looked at Hyunjin, who had leaned back onto the chair again, holding his cup slightly against his chest.

"Yeah, I get what you mean. You feel like you can say and do anything to, or with him. He's your person." Hyunjin smiled kindly before taking a sip off his coffee.

"Exactly. Whatever I say, he gets it. Whenever I have to take a decision, I trust him enough to make the choice for me. I know that he'll pick the best option. He knows me!" I giggled and smiled at myself, I couldn't help but want to go home and kiss him. Hyunjin asked question after question and we sat at the cozy cafe for hours. The bell over the door rang every five-seconds as costumers came and went. The strong scent of coffee was spread around the room, along with freshly baked cakes and breads.

"I think we should consider getting home!" I laughed as I looked at the time on my phone. I showed it to Hyunjin, who responded with wide eyes and a large nod. We collected our things and thanked the workers before stepping out into the chilly night. It had gotten a bit dark compared to when we arrived at the cafe. I zipped up my jacket and put my hands into my pockets. Hyunjin did the same and we stayed silent as we walked along the sidewalk. We didn't care about chit-chatting. We just wanted to get home as soon as possible. Hyunjin fished the keys out of his pocket as we approached the door to the apartment-complex. I stood by the door, slightly jumping to heat myself up. 

"It's so cold outside! Hurry!" I whined before he finally unlocked the door. I ran in front of him and then up the stairs. Hyunjin didn't stress as much as I did. But I was so cold and wanted to put on a thicker sweater before sitting down on the couch with a cup of hot cocoa. I heard Hyunjin press the elevator-button just as I opened the door to the apartment. I hurried inside and closed the door behind me. I kicked off my shoes and hung my jacket up inside the closet. I rubbed my hands together and took a deep breath before walking into the living room. No one was there, but the door was unlocked. I scrunched my eyebrows and turned my head around to see if there was anyone there. I shrugged my shoulders and walked to the washing-room to get my favorite hoodie fresh from the dryer. I stopped when I heard someone in there. I placed my ear against the door and widened my eyes when I heard Jisung, and another girl. My heart was shattered into a million pieces. I squatted down and looked inside the keyhole. I saw his hand around her waist, and their bodies standing towards each other. I backed up just as Hyunjin entered the apartment. I turned around and looked at him with teary eyes. He looked at me, questioning.

"What's wrong?" He said as he took his shoes off. I ran towards the bedroom as tears fell down my cheeks. I had told Hyunjin that I trusted him with my life, and he went and cheated on me the very same day. Hyunjin followed after me as soon as he got his shoes off.