51 - Chan

🌙

"If you want to dance with the stars, don't wait till sunrise."

That's what she always said. Don't wait to do something at the very last second, when your chance is slipping through the cracks and never to be seen again. You'll regret it in the end and you'd do anything to exchange those seconds, minutes, hours, days and perhaps even weeks, in order to do what you were meant to. I wish I lived by that. I wished I could hold her close again, like I used to.

"Hey, Chan. Talk to me." She mumbled and turned her head towards me, looking at me with blank eyes and a pale face. Her eyes were filled with tears, even though she tried to hide it in order to keep me happy. But she couldn't lie to me. No matter how hard she tried to close the curtains, I always managed to see through the fabric. No matter how tall of a wall she built, I managed to peek over the edge. I knew her inside out.

I laid my head on her bed and grabbed her cold hand laying elegantly against her side, on top of the white fabric that blended in nicely with the walls and the entire place. I hated it here, I wanted to take her home and away from all this, tell her that it would be ok. She would be ok.

"What do you think about going to the arcade next Wednesday? I have the day off, so I though we could perhaps get out some and have fun together, just the two of us." I looked at her hand, trying to avoid her sad expression. She hummed to catch my attention, to which she got. 

"Sure, are we going to eat afterwards?" She asked and smiled genuinely. I smiled back and kissed her hand.

"If that's what you want, we can do it. I was thinking about tteokbokki, what about you?" I giggled. She scrunched her nose and shook her head. She had never been a huge fan of Tteokbokki, it was a bit too spicy for her. "Then what do you want?" I asked and intertwined her hand with mine.

"What about Japchae? I found this amazing place close to the dorms not that long ago." She smiled and seemed happier by the second. I let go of her hand as she continued to ramble on. "They had this deal. If you're more than five eating, you get a discount of 20%, and a free bowl of ramen and kimchi. I think that's pretty darn good!" I laid down behind her and pulled her closer to my chest. She wrapped her arms around me and words were still rolling out of her mouth. "The owner is so nice. I talked to him last time I was there. I mentioned you, and he said that he would be proud to have an idol step by with his group. He said he would give us coupons for free dishes if we did." I just hummed in response and looked down at her as I stroked her head. She was gorgeous.

I don't think I remembered to mention. She was stunning. The very first time I saw her, I didn't know what to do. I'm often quite confident with what to say, and I feel competent when it comes to words. But when she said hi to me, I felt like I was a little toddler who just learnt how to speak. Words were forming, but they just didn't make any sense.

"What do you want from the arkade?" I asked, almost whispering as she closed her eyes. I began to choke on my own words. Tears were forming once again, this time, more threatening. I didn't even care to keep them in anymore, I just let them roll down wherever they wanted. A few landed on her cheek, making me feel a bit guilty, wiping it off right away. She had stopped rambling for a little while. She shuffled gently in my arms.

"Get me the first bear you can win, and I'll be happy." Her voice was low and her hands slipped down my sides. I gulped and looked off into the room as I pressed her closer to my chest. I stared at the same point on the wall, just waiting for the painful moment to arrive at last.

"I will, trust me. I'll win you the biggest bear I can find, and I'll bring it to you. I swear." I clenched onto her shirt, wrinkling it. I just didn't care anymore. I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched my jaw as I tightened my arms around her. The constant beeping that usually drove me insane, which I had taken for granted, was now gone. The tears fell as fast as they appeared.

Why didn't I appreciate the time I had with her. I should've shown her how much she really meant to me before this day. She knew that I loved her, but she should've know how much she really mattered to me. 

I placed a soft kiss on her forehead and dug my face into the crook of her neck as loud cries managed to escape between my lips.

"Let's go to the arkade. Then we'll eat Japchae at that place, bring the guys and get that deal. Let's do that every week and make it a tradition. You are my everything, and if you're not here, I'm left with nothing."

I looked out of the window as the light gently greeted the horizon in the distance, slowly flowing down into the city, throwing shadows in every direction. I looked down at her again as she laid there peacefully.

"I'm sorry that I waited till sunrise to dance with you."

🌙

Oh shit...this is post 100...shit..omg! I didn't realise this until after I posted this, so this is added like...three minutes after posting! Omg! I never thought I would get this far!♥ 

I can't sleep and I really wanted to include my favourite quote that I came up with during exam-preparations today. I am so not ready for exams, but I have grapes, blueberries, crackers, coffee (a shit ton) and soda prepared for the next two days.