36 - Changlix

🌙

I laid in bed, my head leaned over the edge as I stared at the ceiling, my hair falling back, revealing my forehead. I was contemplating about different parts in life. Why can't we remember much from the age of 0-4? Why do some people change a lot, in appearance, whilst others don't? How, and why do we feel love? What's making us feel an attraction to someone of the same species as ourselves, perhaps the same gender? That was the case for me. I met my best friend in middle school, and we were like joined at the hip ever since Felix spilled his soda on me. 

Our friendship was quite normal for the first couple of years, until I graduated from high school, leaving him behind as a senior. That's when things began to change. When we both found out we had feelings for each other, feelings that had developed over time. Felix told me later on that he had actually liked me ever since the end of middle school, but he was too afraid of being judged, and losing me if I didn't feel the same. I told him he was ridiculous, I loved him, I love him and I will love him.

My mind drifted from the wonders of the world, to the mind, to love, to my lover. It was weird, but that was another mystery I just couldn't seem to solve. But I didn't care to find the answer anyway. I knew why I began to think of him and his perfect details. His freckles spread across his cheeks, over his nose, which I loved so much. It gave me a reason to kiss him a hundred times. My common phrase 'Let me count your stars and let me kiss you as many times'. I called his freckles stars, and had always done it. Felix always blushed and turned away, hiding in whatever he was able to find around him. He would tell me to shut up with a shy and high-pitched voice that even startled me. But he would quickly turn back to his deep tone when telling me that they weren't stars, they're dark, not bright. I didn't care. I just said it to startle him, to see him nervous and shy with a wide shining smile and eyes in crescents. It only added to the galaxy that was already placed on his skin

"Changbin. The food's ready..." Felix interrupted my long and soft daydreams as he walked into the room, slightly leaning in-between the gap of the door and the frame. He stared at me for a while, unsure if I heard him. But Felix's presence only made me flustered, and I wanted him in my arms right away. I wanted to kiss him as many times as there were stars on his skin. I wanted to see his galaxy form with the moon. "Are you ok?" Felix finally entered the room fully, leaving the door wide open as he made his way over to me, towering over me, staring into my eyes. I was staring at the ceiling, but was now staring at his eyes. He was just a bunch of galaxies. His eyes contained the million stars you can see on the sky at night, shining down upon us, giving us hope. Every once in a while, a shooting star, another reason for us to wish for something.

Felix tilted his head a bit and brushed a few hairs out of my face. I smiled softly and raised my hand, caressing his cheeks. His eyes softened and his smile grew a bit as well. I laid there admiring the one person who I was doomed to fall for, amongst the other 7,688 billion people on earth. I couldn't have been luckier than to fall for the one who always made me smile, never yelled, never got angry and always cared. Felix stared at me as he played with my hair, which he knew I loved. 

"What were you thinking of?" He almost whispered as stared at me with so much love in his eyes that I felt like I was gonna explode, my heart was beating at an alarming rate and my breath was heavy, my stomach felt like a child at a playground, up and down, over and under, there and there, this and that, around and along. It was taking cartwheels and I felt nervous and fragile laying there underneath him, in front of him.