63 - Hyunmin

Song of the "day": Bunny Do - Suggi

🌙

"I like you..."

The three words that slipped off his tongue so easily that night. When we laid on the rooftop and counted the stars. I can't remember getting further than four before I got too caught up with the world in his eyes. I started counting reasons instead of distant suns. The reasons I loved him the way I did. The reasons why I wanted to hold him and protect him with everything I had. I would run out on a busy highway if he were to be standing there. I would wrap myself around him if there were an explosion.

That night when every worry in the world was replaced with unconditional love. I would love him from a distance if I had to. Love, for me, is the feeling of wanting to give someone everything, to do everything, and being able to accept if they don't feel the same. I think I was fortunate back then, having him feel the same as I did. I just hate the fact that it took so long for the both of us to tell each other the longing feeling we had for one another. Seungmin always laughed when I mentioned it, saying that we were like a child trying something new. Hesitant, but happy and willing to keep going when it turned out alright. That literally summed up our relationship. With every step we were both insecure and scared to do anything wrong. But when we passed that level, we got more confident and we wanted to keep going to see what else there was to find and experience.

I could explain that night in detail. I could tell you how Seungmin's eyes sparkled and how his face lit up every time he saw a plane, or managed to spot a zodiac sign on the sky. I never managed to figure out those kinds of things, and usually I didn't care too much about it. But when he pointed at the sky with the happiest expression, I couldn't help but feel guilty when I couldn't see it like him. I could tell you about the warmth he was giving me as we laid on the blanket, surrounded by pillows. All of the other members were here earlier, but left when the hands on the clock started to cross midnight. There was just the two of us left, and I didn't really know how to behave normally. All of the social standards, every word in my mind, everything just vanished as I met his eyes. My breath was taken away when he smiled, giggling slightly as he noticed we were alone. I felt my cheeks redden like the color of the rose he got me on our first date, the light pink petals turning red by the brim. I still had that rose, it was dried out, but it was still standing on my nightstand, like it had done since the day I got it.

I could tell you about the way he scooted closer as the night progressed, or maybe it was me. I don't know. I just know that at the end of the night, he was laying with his head on my chest and his hand tightly gripping onto mine. We had been talking for a while until we suddenly fell into a silence. We laid next to each other, staring at the sky. I looked down at him once in a while. The only thing heard was the light traffic passing the dorms, and the small amount of people making their way somewhere. It was a comfortable silence, but I was still scared about what was going to happen next. I was pleasantly surprised as he turned his head towards me, his cheeks as red as mine. He smiled gently and turned his whole body to face me looking me in the eyes as he opened his mouth and said the three words I'd never think I would hear from him.

"I like you..." 

I stopped breathing, I stopped thinking. I just froze. I really didn't know what to say or do for a little while. It took a while before it finally got noted in my head, before I finally grasped the fact that he liked me. But I was in denial. I was smiling like a dork, giggling like a little child, but I couldn't believe it. I thought I had misunderstood. My eyes were wide open and I began to stutter.