54 - Jeongin (2/2)

🌙

"Ooh! Jeongin! Can we go in there? I saw something!" I pointed towards a small shop that sold crystals in different shapes and sizes. Some were made into jewellery and I saw a beautiful necklace hanging on the wall inside, next to a gigantic amethyst. I looked up at Jeongin, who smiled at me as he stared into my eyes. He nodded and soon he was stumbling over his own feet as I was aimed for the necklace with the white stone. I had my eyes fixed on it. My eyes widened as I came up to it, it was prettier when you came closer. Jeongin looked at a few crystals too. Neither of us had any idea what any of the crystals did, or what they were called. I didn't really believe in spiritual things. But it was kind of interesting. As I took one off the hook on the wall, an employee came over to us with a gentle smile, her hands folded over her chest as she looked at the two of us. Neither of us had dropped the others hand, and our fingers were still intertwined.

"I see you chose the moonstone. An excellent choice for a young couple like you." She referred to the stone I was holding. I looked at the necklace in my hand and then at Jeongin in my other. Couple...uhmm...sure.

"What do you mean for a young couple like you?" Jeongin asked, curious as to why she would say that out of the blue with no other information. The woman giggled slightly and picked the moonstone out of my hand gently. She was a middle-aged woman and seemed really polite.

"The moonstone is known for developing relationships, creating a stronger bond. It's said to make your girlfriend your wife quicker than you'd be able to imagine." The elderly lady teased Jeongin slightly, a blush of pink brushing over his cheeks as he nodded shyly to indicate that he understood. She gave it back to me and nodded as she patted my hand. "If you both get one, and carry it by your heart, it'll strengthen the bond between you." She gave the both of us a quick smile before walking over to her coworker that seemed to need some help.

"Let's get one each!" Jeongin said, not even hesitating the slightest bit as he grabbed one off the wall. He took the one I was holding and skipped over to the cashier where a boy, probably around Woojin's age, stood, sorting some crystals in a bowl. He greeted Jeongin politely and I was left in the corner, looking at Jeongin as he paid and bowed to the boy before coming back to me. He took one of the necklaces out of the bag and motioned his finger for me to turn around. I did as he said and Jeongin fastened the necklace on me, startling me a bit. I turned around and he was already on the task of putting on his own. I smiled at him and thanked him before grabbing his hand and walking out of the store. We had already eaten at a small restaurant further up the street and were now just walking around. It was starting to get late, and I was getting tired as well. Jeongin looked up at the sky and I could swear I could see the whole world in his eyes at that moment as the orange tones in the sky reflected in his eyes. He tightened his grip on my hand and pulled me closer to his side as we crossed the street and walked onto the beach, which was filled with people earlier that day, but now started to feel like a desert. Jeongin stopped right before stepping into the sand, taking off his shoes. I did the same and picked them up with my free hand. 

"Smart right?" He joked and motioned towards his strap as he tied his shoes to his backpack so he wouldn't have to carry them. I nodded and did the same thing. He did come up with wise things every once in a while. The second I was done, he grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the beach, almost running. I stumbled right away and landed on top of Jeongin. He just laughed and wrapped his arms around me as he wiggled his body. I laughed and begged for him to let me go. He refused and I eventually gave up, resting my head on his chest, and wrapping my legs around his.