77 - Hyunjin

Song of the "Day": From: me - NIve

🌙

"Drinks coming in!" Hyunjin shouted as he carefully carried two mugs with hot cocoa over to the couch, which we had placed in front of the large window, watching how the snow fell and built upon itself. It came only a few days ago, but was constantly getting taller and taller. I was just praying that it wouldn't rain. If I wanted to go iceskating, I would go to the ice myself, not just randomly stumble upon it somehow. I smiled at him and grabbed my mug as he sat down next to me. He let out a sigh of relief and slight comfort as he found a good position amongst the billions of blankets and pillows we had gathered and thrown onto the couch. There were more laying on the floor than I'd like to admit. Hyunjin wrapped his arms around the mug and tilted his head towards me as he gazed outside. Someone were shovelling the snow away in the street across from us. Usually there would be loads of traffic during winter, as people were driving more carefully and some places being slowed down by accidents.

"I have the day off tomorrow. I was thinking that we could go down to the Christmas market they just put up the other day. I heard the churros are really good there." Hyunjin spoke softly as he put his mug down on the table, next to a lit candle he had found somewhere in this messy apartment. We had actually planned on cleaning the apartment thoroughly, but we stopped when we moved the couch and realised how wonderful of a view we really had at this time of the year. Christmas lights were visible all the way down the streets, the sight of the snow landing and vanishing into the white scenery that had been created over the course of three days.

"I'm pretty sure you know that they're good. You went back to the stand three times last year." I shook my head and laughed at him. He had taken me to the market last year as well, and the year before that, and before that. He had taken me since the year we met. Even though we weren't together at the time, he still took me. And it was the place he asked me to be his too, under the lights by the stuffed bear stand. He had bought me a polar bear with a small heart in its paws and gave it to me, asking me to be his while he was at it. Who was I to say no. He was smiling so widely, and not only had the cold made his cheeks red, but now that he was shy as well, his face was flushed. His hands were so cold and shaky as he reached over to give me the bear. Poor boy was so nervous. I remember grabbing the bear and then his hands, pulling him closer and stuffing his hands into my mittens to warm him up. He then pulled us over to the churros stand over by the entrance. It was a long line and a long wait, but he was persistent that I had to try his favourite, and not plain sugar or chocolate. It was with strawberries and chocolate. It was super sweet, and really powerful, but it was some of the best food I have ever eaten. Hyunjin laughed when he saw my wide eyes and the smile growing on my face.

"Hey! You never know, they can change the sellers from year to year." He shrugged and tried to contain his smile and laugh, but I could see right through him. I took a sip of the cocoa and leaned back onto the couch. Hyunjin looked at me with slim eyes and slowly reached his arm out, grabbing my shoulder facing the other side, and pulling me close. I was laying against his side, my head on his shoulder as he rested his head on mine. I panicked a bit as I was still holding the mug with warm cocoa. Hyunjin noticed and grabbed it out of my hands, putting it away. He then proceeded to wrap both of his arms around me, closing his eyes and tightening his grip.

"Minho, Jisung, Seungmin and Chan were talking about going there next week. Jeongin too I think." I mumbled as I kept my eyes on a car with a Christmas tree fastened on the roof. They were early this year. I hadn't seen any places that sold Christmas trees yet, but apparently there were someone. On the other side, next to the man who were shovelling snow, there were a mother, and what I could only assume was her daughter, hanging up a few Christmas decorations in the window pointing towards us.

"I want to go alone with you first. Then we can go with the boys next week." Hyunjin kissed my head and I could hear his calm breath as he took a blanket and threw it over the two of us. It was a knitted blanket I had gotten from my grandma a few years back. I had wanted another one, and Hyunjin had put one on his wish list. I swear Hyunjin liked my blanket a million times more than I did at times. He would always take it when he was cold, and even slept with it around him. He said that he liked it because it reminded him of me, but I knew he liked it because it was soft. 

"Ok, if that's what you want, I'm on board." I snuggled closer to him and hummed softly as I felt myself get into a pit of comfort I never wanted to get out of. I kept looking at the little family decorating in their home. I looked up at Hyunjin and got his attention right away.

"Can we put up the Christmas decorations soon?" I asked him, expecting him to laugh and brush it off. Instead he placed a kiss on my forehead and nodded, placing a hand on my head and laying me down on his shoulder again.

"We can go out to buy a Christmas tree too." He said, cheerful and excited.

"You saw the car too, right?" I laughed and thought of the car that had passed with the tree tied to the roof. Hyunjin chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah. But we'll have to carry it though. Hope you don't mind."

🌙

Picture of the "Day":

"And in the end, the only thing I learned was how to be strong, alone"

I shared a poem with my English teacher at the start of this school year and he keeps asking for more. Every week he asks to see a new poem or a new short text that I have written. Both his and my favourite is Angels Game and Fallen Hope. Erotes and words spoken by the innocent souls, actions of a young child. Dreams being held by the only ones who knew us, clouds being the downfall of our never ending cycle of broken trust. So I'm collecting them all, plus a bunch he hasn't read yet, in a book called to Love or be Tied, which I'm gonna give him for Christmas. I'm gonna mark out his favourites with dried flowers, and mine with white thread. Hopefully I can find a place who'll print it out in a physical copy before Christmas. Might give some copies to my family too if possible.

Also, I watched a shortfilm and this came up on the screen a minute in. I'M FUCKING DYING!

 I'M FUCKING DYING!

WTF IS THIS?!