70 - Felix

Song of the "Day": To my youth - Bolbbalgan4

🌙

I sat in the corner of the cafeteria, looking down onto my phone in order to avoid the eyes of classmates and other students at school that I hadn't gotten the courage to talk to yet. We spoke during class at a few rare occasions. But it was never more than school. I would often sit here in the corner, dug into a book or listening to music. I always bought the same drink if I happened to buy anything. The blue Monster, mango loco. I never bought any other drink at school. 

I had been here for a little while now, I could see a few classmates sitting around a table in front of the large window, laughing and joking around. They sent a few glances my way once in a while, but like me, they never walked up to me and talked to me. It had been like this since day one. Everyone gathered in groups based on interests, then there was me, the quiet one who only spoke when being talked to. I don't know why I was like this, but I couldn't help it. I looked over to my classmates again, they were teasing one of the guys, I think his name was Chris or something, not like I really cared, but names would be useful at some point.

I decided to not care too much about everyone else, and rather focus on distracting myself from the fact that I was alone like every other day of the week.

I pulled my legs up and tried to make myself comfortable on the hard bench. I pulled the small table closer and grabbed my drink, I was about to take a sip of it when I realised it was empty.
Some time passed and lunch break was almost over. There was just fifteen minutes remaining. As Hug came on, I felt the tears come, I literally tortured myself with these songs. Hurt Road, I smile, To My Youth, Grow up, Mixtape #2, With You, Fallin'. It was just adding insult to injury. I pulled through it anyway, at the verge of crying.

I was about to leave for privacy when I felt the shock of something cold against my neck. I tightened all muscles and moved away instantly. I turned around as I heard a gentle laughter. It was this guy from my class. Felix, wasn't it? He sat down next to me and his face went serious as he noticed the tears in my eyes. I turned my head and tried to hide it, but it was already too late.
"Hey, you ok? I got you ice cream. I don't know what you like, so I just took one I guess everyone like." He gave me a gentle smile as he reached out a regular ice cream with chocolate covering the top half. Half orange and half strawberry. So that's what he pressed against my neck. I turned around and looked at him and then the ice cream, carefully taking it. I bowed slightly and thanked him. He leaned back and opened his own pack, starting to eat it right away.

"So you're Y/N, right?" He asked and looked at me, his eyes looking so kind. I nodded and forced a smile to not seem so depressed.

"Why are you sitting here alone?" He asked, oblivious to everything. Hadn't he spotted me sitting here alone every day of the week, during every break? I shrugged, as I didn't know how to respond.

"Don't you have anyone to sit with?" He asked, genuinely concerned. His eyebrows scrunched together and his eyes became clearer somehow.

"No...I always sit here." I mumbled, only now opening the ice cream. Felix smiled as he saw me start to eat it, but it quickly faded as he continued to talk.

"Then I'm gonna sit with you. I'll introduce you to my friends. We'll be friends!" He said so cheerfully, as if he'd known me for ages. I couldn't help but smile. He was so kind, but was kind of weird too. He had said and done a lot of questionable things during class, but he was nice overall. I nodded and looked down at the wrapper, flattening it for some reason.