74 - Felix pt.4

Song of the "Day": AIRPLANE - iKON

🌙

Weeks had passed and things were calmer. Some of the boys had managed to move on and begun to accept that what had been done had their consequences. The youngest were the ones who spent the longest to get on terms with it. Jeongin skipped school often and tried to avert his focus on performing to distract himself. The Hyungs had come to terms with it quickly just knowing that no more people would die amongst them. There were some slight investigation and questioning after the final charges had been filed, but it was over within a few days.

I had visited Felix once in a while when I got the chance, but I still didn't feel a hundred percent safe in his presence, even though there was a glass pane separating us two. The homocide had worn a lot on his psyche and he was almost unrecognizable. He became more abrupt, yelling and hitting stuff. Every time I met him his knuckles were scratched up and bloody. There were some times where I wasn't allowed to meet him because he was placed in high security in a single, patted cell with nothing but a mattress. He was losing his mind because of this. That day I visited him, he stopped in the middle of a sentence and yelled 'I know something you don't! I'm not the only guilty!'

It was the end of our conversation, as he began to slam his fists against the table and glass. He was quickly grabbed and pulled away from his seat, the phone hanging down towards the floor. I sat there for a couple minutes, hands on my chest and tears building up in my eyes. This wasn't the Felix I met, the Felix that I knew. I wanted the old Felix back. The guy who smiled and joked around and lightened the mood. Not the guy who screamed and punched everything close to hurt himself.

I was left with a bunch of questions that night and I wasn't sure if I should believe him or not. He often yelled, but it was always incoherent rumbles. He yelled like a keyboard smash. I felt heartbroken looking at him gradually falling apart for each visit. It was like the longer he was in prison, the more of him vanished. All the memories replayed in my head as his words came on repeat. He wasn't the only guilty. He knows something we don't. There couldn't be more, this had to be the end of the case. A friend of Minho asked for help and Minho asked Jisung to sell drugs. Jisung got addicted and forced Felix to take the meth. Felix got paranoid and killed Jisung. There wasn't more than that, right? I didn't even want to think about there being someone else involved too. I wanted it to end already.

Changbin sat down on the couch, disturbing my train of thought. He had been quite chatty and loud recently. He had acted the total opposite of Minho. Perhaps this was his way of distracting himself from the bad news and all the boys vanishing one by one to awful secrets that were getting spilled. Everyone were going through hell and we were all just waiting for the next person to either die or get arrested. It was hard to trust anyone, it was hard to believe anything they all said. Just a simple greeting felt like a plain lie. Changbin quickly pulled his hands through his hair and walked off into the hall. He got dressed and rushed out. The door almost slammed shut, sending a slight breeze through the dorm. Where was he going at this hour. It was getting closer to 2am. Most of the members were in bed, but here was, walking out at night in the freezing cold. I couldn't help but grow suspicious. I put my phone away and hurried after him. I made sure to keep myself at a distance for him to not notice me. He was headed towards JYP. Did he forget something earlier and only remembered now. He walked with his head lowered and a hood over his head. He was lightly dressed and you could see him shake all the way over where I was standing. A cloud escaped his lips as he breathed. He suddenly turned a corner and disappeared out of sight. I hurried over and looked around the corner. I was suspicious and was once again filled with questions.